X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Big
    Platinum Poster
    • Nov 2004

festival weekend

So last year it was Hi:Fi and this year its the Electric Picnic Gonna have an awesome wkend. heres some of the acts i look forward to .

The Glimmers
    Modest Mouse
    Mr Scruff
    Hot Chip
    Bjork
    LCD Soundsystem
    Derrick Carter
    Ladytron
    Architecture In Helsinki
    Beastie Boys
    Chemical Bros.
    Simian Mobile Disco
    Aim
    UNKLE
    Bat for Lashes

theres a good few more but its on for 3days so it will be a long and wasted affair.

So anyone else done the festival thing this summer?

Anyway have a rockin wkend
    www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
    Pimps up Hoes down.
  • chanty
    John, John, where art thou!
    • Jun 2004

Re: festival weekend

Great line-up. Have a blast. I'll be blazing at out trailer for the last long weekend of the summer!
    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• Mr.Big
      Platinum Poster
      • Nov 2004

Jesus that was some weekend. I think everyone overdid it though. Lived like a scumbag for 3days but it was all good.

Highlights for me included the glimmers, DJ YODA, Chem Bros, Magic Numbers, The Egg, beastie boys, primal scream, Derek may, and dancing in the middle of a forest till sunrise.

Hearing UNKLE for the first time and also hearing 'in a state' live.

The only shit thing of the weekend was some guy collapsed and died at the chemical brothers. The chems stopped playing for about 10 mins while ambulance and cops rushed into the crowd but it was to late.. the show must go on though.
      Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• poults
        Platinum Poster
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Mr.Big
        The only shit thing of the weekend was some guy collapsed and died at the chemical brothers. The chems stopped playing for about 10 mins while ambulance and cops rushed into the crowd but it was to late.. the show must go on though.
        thats pretty sad man. must have put a dampner on peoples mood for the rest of the show though.
        Originally posted by Hoff

ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!! thankyou

Comment

• Mr.Big
          Platinum Poster
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by poults
          thats pretty sad man. must have put a dampner on peoples mood for the rest of the show though.
          Well i didnt see it myself but there are some accounts coming in from people on the EP forum

It is sad and by the next day word had got around about it. I wonder does this kinda thing happan every time a big festivel is on? statistically i can understand how it would happan as it seemed everyone was very drunk or doing drugs. heres one of the accounts anyway.

just back from picnic.

was standing watching chem bros lastnight,and as they played believe,and during the break a bloke in front of us just dropped.

thought he was just another pissed bloke,like the rest of the people around us.but he wouldnt wake up and started to turn a grey colour.

they tried to revive him for 20 mins,doing cpr and the usual stuff. but after 20 mins of doing cpr,they took him off on a little quad bike/buggy thing.

he didnt look too good at all,after 20 mins of trying to get him to breathe and wake up,with no luck.

after seeing that,it put the shits up us and we decided enough was enough and went home.

hope he was ok in the end,didnt hear what happened with him.
          Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• maccaronda
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jul 2007

mr scruff is pretty good i heard....
            only understand that which is shown

Comment

Working...