• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Nick Warren Apreciation

Originally posted by progressive420
    his sound has been VERY consistent over the years.... Some might say that he hasn't changed or progressed, but i think thats BS, he has just been consistent in his champion of the Prog House sound.... as well as his terrific take on downbeat sounds.....
    Agreed, respect to Warren for sticking to what he knows best and not fucking around with all the new trends.

Originally posted by Homegrove
    He's the ultimate party DJ among the prog DJs. Always had FUN when he was playing.
    Originally posted by GregWhelan
    Quite simply the man plays great tunes that you can dance to, whatever the genre. He has a cracking ear for a tune, and doesn't play crap music. Absolute legend IMO
    Originally posted by fisheye
    Not been a fan of his commercially released compilations. Good track selection but poor technical skills in mixing. However I reckon his Back to Mine effort (which was either the 1st or 2nd of that series) is one of the best.
    Seconded. Remember when he came here a couple of years back and 5 mins after I walked into the crowd, he dropped Vector - Rise and everyone went nuts. That track never made it big though I don't care so much for his mixing but it's nice to go to a party where the DJ is playing friendly tunes that gets everyone going as opposed to playing all these 'cutting edge' sounds that loses the crowd and even the few who appreciates the music, aren't dancing

Originally posted by Jibgolly
    i thought gu paris was a turd. for proper warren i go back to brazil or some of his older essential mixes. Yum!
    Prague (still have fond memories of Nalin and Kane - Beachball), Rejavik, Shanghai

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Duff McKagin
      Gold Gabber
      • Sep 2004

^^^^loved that track vector-rise, what an experience that must have been to walk in and have that playing
      Fly? Yes. Land? No!

Comment

• GregWhelan
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

Should also have added that my favourite Cd of his is Shanghai CD1 - absolute gem of a cd, terrific from track 1 to 11. CD2 is almost as good to!

Comment

• Troklo
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

I?m be seeing him on friday whoop whoop
          I?ll post some pics
          Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• fisheye
            Addiction started
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Duff McKagin
            his reykjvek? global underground is still my favorite progressive cd of all time.
            You're pretty easy to please, aren't ya

Comment

Working...