• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

DJM-700: New 4-channel mixer

DJM-700: New 4-channel mixer
    Introducing the DJM-700; the newest addition to our range of professional DJ mixers.
    Delivering breathtaking scope for creativity, consummate clarity and a world first in terms of its Effect Frequency Filter, the new DJM-700 is dramatically different.
    The 4-channel mixer inherits the sound quality of the DJM-800 and DJM-1000, it also includes some key features including MIDI connectivity, 49 assignables, cutting edge digital effects and a filter on pre-out so you can filter the effects.
    'Gives the freshest, most explosive live performances' Boasting 32-bit DSP [Digital Signal Processing] , 13 beat effects and enhanced roll sampler in what is an extremely familiar format for DJs, t his new kit on the block is definitely in a class of its own .
    With an industry-standard size and layout and a dual shield structure that eliminates digital noise, the new DJM-700 is both robust and reliable.
    Setting a new industry standard for quality mid-market mixers, the DJM-700 allows DJs to transmit unique musical flows using a formidable range of features.
    Designed to impress in bar, club and studio spaces alike the DJM-700 is set to have a wide appeal.
    Also available in black
    Here's a brief overview of the main features:
    96kHz/24-bit digital sampling system with 32-bit DSP for clean, supreme sound
    The top-of-the-range 96kHz/24-bit digital sound is inherited from our world-class professional series, the DJM-1000 and DJM-800 mixers. This clean, supreme sound quality is maintained throughout the mix via an analogue to digital converter, with mixing carried out by 32-bit Digital Signal Processing.
    Effect Frequency Filter opens new doors for expression
    The Effect Frequency Filter (a world first) mode opens up killer high and low pass frequency filter control for affecting any chosen effect, so you can limit which frequency bands are subject to manipulation. This means you can add an effect to either:
    • the effect only,
    • the music (sample) only, or
    • both simultaneously.
    Manual Filter facilitates a more intuitive performance
    The DJM-700 features a high-grade rotary LP & HP Manual Filter. This allows both filtering of the track and, when used in conjunction with the effects, filtering of the effects themselves. The Manual Filter therefore presents countless possibilities to make a performance unique and to make a track your own.
    Beat Effects and pitch adjustable Roll Sampler for live remixing
    A highly evolved Roll Sampler makes tempo-specific manipulation of audio samples easily accessible through real-time sampling using 4-Roll Effects: roll, reverse roll, pitch up roll and pitch down roll.
    There are also nine other effects: delay, echo, transform, filter, flanger, phaser, reverb, robot and crush. These effects can be used in infinite ways to manipulate sound in exciting new directions, with each effect permitting time parameter control of the musics movements.
    The CRUSH effect that first appeared on the DJM-800 is included here but now with an added LFO that sweeps the bitcrusher through its full spectrum, always remaining locked to the beat.
    Fully Assignable MIDI Control
    With 49 MIDI assignable knobs, faders & switches, the DJM-700 can be used to control external DJ software, soft synths and au/vst plugins running on a Mac or PC. Together with the new on/off MIDI send control, MIDI data can be turned on & off giving amazing control for the most demanding digital DJ.
    Other Functions
    • Digital Output Terminal: Affords quality in connectivity by supporting 96 kHz/ 24-bit sampling rates; without degradation of sound quality.
    • Cross Fader Assign: Lets you easily assign channel inputs to the cross faders. The DJM-700 features ultra-precise channel faders, while an optional rotary kit is also available to suit mixing style.
    • 3-Band Equalizer: A super-sensitive three-band EQ system featuring rubberised knobs on each channel enables level control within a ?26db to +6db range for fine-tuning high, mid and low bands.
    • Fader Curve Adjust: Enables you to modify the cross fader/channel fader curve.
    • Talk Over: Lowers volume automatically so a DJ/MC can talk over the track.
    • Peak Level Meter: Allows you to examine the peak input level for each channel.
    • Fader Start: This allows the DJM-700?s cross fader or channel faders to control playback when connected up to a Pioneer CDJ player.
    'Designed to impress in the bar, club and studio spaces alike' Specifications
    Number of Channels
    Input Terminal
    CD / Line x 5 (RCA)
    Phono x 3 (RCA)
    Mic x 2 (XLR x 1, 1/4-inch PHONE x 1)
    Output Terminal
    Master Out x 2 (RCA x 1, XLR x 1)
    Booth Out x 1 (RCA)
    Headphone Monitor Out x 1 (top panel 1/4-inch phone x 1)
    Rec Out x 1 (RCA)
    Digital Out x 1 (Coaxial)
    Other Terminals
    Send x 1 (1/4-inch Phone)
    Return x 1 (1/4-inch Phone)
    Midi Out x 1 (5P DIN)
    Control Out ( φ 3.5 Mini Jack) x 2
    Sampling Rate
    96 kHz
    A/D, D/A Converter
    24-bit
    Frequency Response
    20 Hz - 20 kHz
    Total Harmonic Distortion
    0.005% or less
    Signal-to-Noise Ratio
    104 dB (Line)
    Head Room
    19 dB
    Power Requirements
    AC 220-240V ( 50/60 Hz)
    Power Consumption
    33 W
    Dimensions (without package)
    320 mm (W) x 378.4 mm (D) x 107.9 mm (H)
    Weight (without package)
    6.6 kg

It looks a bit more like the 600 which was a staple for me for many years. And without a lot of the buttons that most dj's never use...unless your James Zabiela.
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.
  • unkownartist
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: DJM-700: New 4-channel mixer

wrong section man

Comment

• rewing3
      I really don't care
      • Jun 2004

Wow, looks pretty sweet. I wonder how much this bad boy is going to top out at.
      Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
        Not cool enough
        • Jun 2004

It's technology that everyone talks about. Not just the few of us that visit the dj part of the site.
        My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• alexfish333
          Gold Gabber
          • Jul 2004

I love the 800

This looks a tad cheap-I'd still rather have it than and Allen and Heath
          Holosound@Vertigo in Costa Rica Streaming Video and Audio http://livestream.com/urbanettv/vide...8-c5911280cf91

Part of the weekend never dies...

Comment

• Homegrove
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Any idea about the price?
            Forward thinking house music

Comment

• Miroslav
              WHOA I can change this!1!
              • Apr 2006

news articles say suggested price at debut will be $1299
              mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Homegrove
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Fuck that, I can get A&H Xone 62 for that.
                Forward thinking house music

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                  Not cool enough
                  • Jun 2004

yeah but the a&h 62 is not as good quality as this new pioneer and it has more to offer...Now than, if your speaking of the 92...oh yeah I'd rather have that. But I do love those effects processors in the mixers.
                  My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• scifi pi
                    Addiction started
                    • Oct 2004

Goto to youtube and check out the video demo, pretty cool but Allen & Heath Xone mixers have better quality sound out,hands down.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                      DJ Jelly
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by alexfish333
                      I love the 800

This looks a tad cheap-I'd still rather have it than and Allen and Heath
                      seriously? i like the djm 800.. and this one seems like they took some stuff away.. but the Xone92 my mate just bought.. i LOVE that mixer

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

Pioneer mixers are good, but I think that Allen & Heath mixers are just better. Well starting with the 92. I have a 464

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                          Not cool enough
                          • Jun 2004

i know a friend around here that runs his own sound company and really takes better care of his equiptment than probably anyone else i know, and he has a X 62 and says they are built like crap. He says the 92 is tons better, but advised me to never get a 62.
                          My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Jenks
                            I'm kind of a big deal.
                            • Jun 2004

Allen & Heath > Pioneer

Comment

• Jenks
                              I'm kind of a big deal.
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
                              i know a friend around here that runs his own sound company and really takes better care of his equiptment than probably anyone else i know, and he has a X 62 and says they are built like crap. He says the 92 is tons better, but advised me to never get a 62.
                              and i've heard the exact opposite from a lot of people.

Comment

Working...