X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PartyInGreece
    Gold Gabber
    • Aug 2006

Re: Deep Dish - Live at Virgin Festival 2007-SAT-08-04-2007-TALiON

Yeah, this does in fact sound much more like Dubfire than Deep Dish..at least up until minute 40. After that it does sound like maybe Sharam got on the decks. But as a duo (or as Sharam being on) I don't see tracks by Joel Mull being dropped, or any of that dark, techno that's being played for the first forty minutes of the set.

Comment

• zeronineteen
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

thanks gatz
      Before you can see the light, you have to deal with the darkness.

Comment

• batista
        Getting warmed up
        • Jun 2004

thanks a lot bro nice set from DD

Comment

• zeronineteen
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by martincarter
          I am totally confused now...not that I wasn't before....

If this is the set DEEP DISH played at the Virgin Festival at Baltimore 5th Aug Sunday 2007, then I was at another show entirely.

If my memory serves me right they opened with Say Hello just after Crystal Methods wicked set, which was the beginning of the end for me. I knew the night was about to go terribly wrong from this point on.

Also the pair of them seemed to part company on the stage at one point, the music came to an abrupt halt and people started to boo at their apparent disregard for the crowd.

Can you please confirm this is a live set from that show, or a mix purely be Ali-Dubfire?
          I was also there & remember that they played for more than an hour so this isn't the whole set. I also remember that their set was pretty pretty good except for sharam's p.a.t.t. bullshit at the end. Even almost as good as uncle sasha & uncle john's set and they definitely brought it in the short time they had.
          Before you can see the light, you have to deal with the darkness.

Comment

• anthony
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

just out of curiosity, didn't deep dish play on sunday, august 5th?

good hour of music none the less.

Comment

• jarble187
              vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
              • Sep 2004

Anyone happen to have Sasha & Digweeds Virgin Fest set?
              Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• chernaldo
                Addiction started
                • Aug 2006

Sounds like a finally great set by Deep Dish

Comment

• dusk
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Thanks Gatz....checking this out now.
                  ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• martincarter
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jan 2007

I have listened to this set a few times now and I am still not convinced it is from the festival. I do distinctly recall a half decent few minutes but yes Sharam did drop P.A.T.T at the end and it is not on this mix, neither is Say Hello they opened with...If anyone has or can prove this is the real deal I will listen with curiosity as I was not really impressed by their short set,,,,then again I was pretty wasted!!!

Comment

• Jay Fury
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by martincarter
                      I have listened to this set a few times now and I am still not convinced it is from the festival. I do distinctly recall a half decent few minutes but yes Sharam did drop P.A.T.T at the end and it is not on this mix, neither is Say Hello they opened with...If anyone has or can prove this is the real deal I will listen with curiosity as I was not really impressed by their short set,,,,then again I was pretty wasted!!!

As you were already told before by my buddy Zero...... Deep Dish played from 6:00-8:45. This rip is from around 7-8 (which is only an hour of it). It IS Deep Dish, and it IS the set from the festival. It was broadcasted live via XM radio. It was also on Sunday August 5th, not the 4th. if you cant figure that out, then you need to get a clue. The first song ISNT on there, neither is the last. Thats why it is only an hour long! Someone who ripped it, took the BEST hour and posted it. Does that mean it isnt real? NO. If you were there like myself, you might have been able to figure it out. Shit, you claim you were wasted..... Do you think we were straight? But I still remember
                      Mind and Body crave light, because we live in Darkness.

Comment

• Jay Fury
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jarble187
                        Anyone happen to have Sasha & Digweeds Virgin Fest set?
                        We arent lucky enough to get this. Maybe Digweed will host an hour on his show some time in the future, but dont count on it. What a great set Diggers played tho. PHEW. Dark and Heavy.... Just how I like it. Hopefully he does the same in NYC tommorow night!
                        Mind and Body crave light, because we live in Darkness.

Comment

• jarble187
                          vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Jay Fury
                          It was also on Sunday August 5th, not the 4th. if you cant figure that out, then you need to get a clue.
                          Word!

I was there Saturday and caught Booka Shade, DT, and S&D. I have seen JZ's and this set from Sunday posted. Where are the Saturday sets? Anyone know?

Edit- Just seeing you post Jay- thanks for the info. Yeah, I was taken by Diggers that set, one of his best in awhile. Deep, dark and heavy, like the good ol times, and relentless as hell too. Sasha on the other hand, lacked that night imo. Keep an eye out and if it surfaces, let me know.
                          Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• martincarter
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jan 2007

Relax man...It is not my problem you have a president named GEORGE...

If anyone else enjoys winding up americans, go to https://www.didyouhavesexualrelation...dnotinhale.com

Comment

• martincarter
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Jan 2007

if they played from 6 to 8.45 where did the crystal method fit in? you guys are full of it...

Comment

• 123lowibeat
                                Fresh Peossy
                                • May 2007

ty

Comment

Working...