X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homskillet
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Allen & Heath Xone 92 ROTARY question!

Hey all, lucky ass just got a Xone 92 ROTARY mixer from my fiance for my birthday.

My question is, is the rotary more for a certain style of dj'n, is it going to produce a better sound? I've always used linear style mixers and am considering trading this one back in for the xone 92 linear mixer.

I know this mixer is expensive as hell but I've always used linear control mixers. Does anyone know anything about these mixers?

My style of DJ'n is house/breakbeat and I always thought rotary were for more of a trancey style of dj'n.

ANY HELP PLEASE AS I WANT TO GET DJ'N ON THIS BAD ASS MIXER. If I need to trade it in, I want to do so, today!!!

Vs.

https://soundcloud.com/dahlheim/shadynasty-tres-final
  • lilsensa
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Allen & Heath Xone 92 ROTARY question!

its a comfort thing...
    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Homskillet
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lilsensa
      its a comfort thing...
      Meaning... whatever I feel more comfortable using?

I've read about 20 reviews on google and everyone's "ohhing" and "awwing" about the rotary.

I don't knwo if they're doing that because it's not of the norm or if it's really better.

Every club I've dj'd in has always had linear.

Comment

• AntonyM
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2004

Would agree with lilsensa
        not sure how much warmer the mixer
        might make the music sound, if you are already
        comfortable with faders why not stay with them
        unless you want to put in the time to get menatally
        comfortable with the rotary knobs. Either way one sweet
        mixer, enjoy.
        Originally posted by Shpira
        So came back last night...
        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
        Originally posted by Illuminate
        Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
        2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
        4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Jibgolly
          Vortexuralizor
          • Jun 2004

don't be afraid to try something new. i've been wanting to try that rotary Xone forever, but have yet to have the chance. you may end up liking it more, just give it a few weeks and if you're stuck on linear exchange that mutha.

nice gift btw. all i got was a card for my b-day from the gf this year.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
            Not cool enough
            • Jun 2004

it's sweet to have one. Keep it, you'll stand out among your other dj friends by having the one for the discerning dj.

So where did you meet this wonderful woman who suprised you with such a wonderful gift?
            Jeffrey Collins: Painter
            My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
            My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Homskillet
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
              don't be afraid to try something new. i've been wanting to try that rotary Xone forever, but have yet to have the chance. you may end up liking it more, just give it a few weeks and if you're stuck on linear exchange that mutha.

nice gift btw. all i got was a card for my b-day from the gf this year.
              I would like to try it out and see if I like it but don't want trouble exchanging it if I decide to. My buddy has the regular linear version and I absolutely love his. Just got off the phone with him and he basically said the same thing you guys have said... "It's purely a preference".

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
              it's sweet to have one. Keep it, you'll stand out among your other dj friends by having the one for the discerning dj.

So where did you meet this wonderful woman who suprised you with such a wonderful gift?
              Sure it'd be nice to have something different than other dj's but I want to be happy with it because it suits me better and not because it's different.

I actually met her at a bowling alley of all places. I knew her sister and she kinda set us up.

It was actually my 30th birthday so she actually coordinated about 40 - 50 family and friends to all pitch in to get me this present and Serato Scratch live. I was absolutely blown away when I opened my present and to see the Xone logo on the box. To open another gift and see serato scratch live too... I was seriously on cloud nine!!

Pics of my dj setup coming, once I decide on the mixer.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                Vortexuralizor
                • Jun 2004

if anything ever goes wrong between you two, JIBS GOT DIBS

just kiddin. sounds like an awesome lady to buy you such rad gifts.

Comment

• Homskillet
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                  if anything ever goes wrong between you two, JIBS GOT DIBS

just kiddin. sounds like an awesome lady to buy you such rad gifts.
                  ^^ Classic! I'll be sure to let you know first.

Comment

• lilsensa
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Nice gifts!!! Does she have a sister?? lol
                    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• AndyH
                      Platinum Poster
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by Homskillet
                      I would like to try it out and see if I like it but don't want trouble exchanging it if I decide to. My buddy has the regular linear version and I absolutely love his. Just got off the phone with him and he basically said the same thing you guys have said... "It's purely a preference".

Sure it'd be nice to have something different than other dj's but I want to be happy with it because it suits me better and not because it's different.

I actually met her at a bowling alley of all places. I knew her sister and she kinda set us up.

It was actually my 30th birthday so she actually coordinated about 40 - 50 family and friends to all pitch in to get me this present and Serato Scratch live. I was absolutely blown away when I opened my present and to see the Xone logo on the box. To open another gift and see serato scratch live too... I was seriously on cloud nine!!

Pics of my dj setup coming, once I decide on the mixer.

What an absolute f**king result.. Top bird.!!
                      [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• diegoff
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

in sound quality it?s just the same...
                        Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                        Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                        May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• tiddles
                          Encryption, Jr.
                          • Jun 2004

best of luck shopping for her presents later this year

Comment

• Steve Graham
                            DJ Jelly
                            • Jun 2004

the rotary knobs just help you get a more precise mix/programming nothing to do with sound. my mate got a xone 92 a few months back and I love it. the rotary knobs do take a bit of getting used to after using slide faders, but i for one like the rotary better now.

and the sound quality of the A n H over the Pioneer or anything else is unbelievable!

congrats on the nice gift!

Comment

Working...