• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nasserd
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Re: how rich are djs?!

Originally posted by Steve Graham
    trust me, its true.. and yes, it is a lot!

and i said tiesto charges 45k for a weeknight, 60k for a weekend.. arena shows may be more
    I've seen Tiesto in arena shows, and I can assure you that he takes home 100k-200k during special nights (i.e New Year's arena shows).

Do the math: 20,000 x 100$ = 2,000,000$ on admission prices alone (on avg, plus/minus for VIP or discount rates). Add in venue revenue (water at 5-7$ per, red bull at 7-10$ per) and you've got another 500,000$ easy.

Oakenfold in NYC usually took home 60-75k during special release parties; less but more frequent payments for residencies.

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miguel
      3000 tkts @ $50 = $ 150000 dlrs ... if he gets 50000 , thats 100000 for the club ... theres the warm up dj and the whole operation of the club .... tiesto charging 45-60 K for an ARENA SHOW seems believable , but 60 k morillo's gig @ space miami seems waaaayyyyyyy too much
      Morillo got $100k for his performance at a Sydney festival not too long ago. Crazy money.

It's not just the party favours to benefit from. All their travel expenses paid for, meals, etc. The local promoter usually entertains and takes care of them for the length of time that they're in town.
      "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

^^^ I'm not fussed how much they get paid and long as I like them, [guess they have to make hay while the sun shines] but $100,000 for a festival??? How long did he play. ??????

Btw . Not one of my faves !!

Interesting that some of the top ones drop their fees to play where they like and are appreciated
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...