X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vaya
    Getting warmed up
    • Aug 2007

DJing Traktor 3 Troubles

This is a quick question but it is SO frustrating... I own a Mac PowerBook G4 laptop and recently obtained the mixing program Traktor, which I'm sure many of you are familiar with next to Ableton Live. I have one problem - I can add any number of tracks to my set list, but the tracks will not play on neither the A nor B decks. I click 'Play' or 'Play/Cue' and, quite simply, nothing happens.

Is there any way to troubleshoot this? Something I've overlooked? Any help would be sooooo appreciated, thanks guys...

-Vaya
  • dylan.lindgren
    Getting warmed up
    • Dec 2006

Re: Traktor 3 Troubles

its been a while since i've used traktor, however usually that kind of stuff happens when the sound card settings arent correct in the traktor 3 options dialog box.

d.

Comment

• Vaya
      Getting warmed up
      • Aug 2007

thanks for the response, dylan. I wanna also make it clear, though, that its not that the track is actually playing and i just cant hear it - that would be a different issue. the issue is i click 'Play', the button visually depresses indicating that I've hit it, then comes back up and that's the end of it - the track bar or cue lines show absolutely no indication that i'm trying to activate them! grrr.

any other responses from people, if you got 'em, would be awesome!

Comment

• 2tan
        Getting warmed up
        • Nov 2006

I had the exactly same problem when i installed Hercules drivers on my pc....
        And the problem was indeed the choice of the sound drivers on traktor options.......
        Try to use the different drivers that appear... re-initialize the program on each different choice and it should work.....
        If it doesnt i have no idea what it could be.....
        --> www.myspace.com/dj2tan <--

Comment

• Vaya
          Getting warmed up
          • Aug 2007

I'm gonna try that 2tan, thanks so much for the advice, both of you. It is SO frustrating not being able to DJ with such a quality program!!!

Comment

• nestee
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jun 2007

I initially had problems with my traktor when I installed an external sound card. I uninstalled traktor and reinstalled it again. No probs after that

Comment

• DjSnafu
              Fresh Peossy
              • Jun 2004

I had the same problems when I installed my Hercules MK2. You have to choose the proper sound drivers. Not sure if you have ASIO drivers on Mac but if you do try to choose those if they are available. You'll get better speeds and stability out of the program.

Also check out this site, The Unofficial Traktor Wiki, a very informative site for users of Traktor. Lots of useful information.

Comment

Working...