X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loafer
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Need your Help

looking for something that will let me rip my LP's and cassettes on to mp3 or wav format, have tried audiograbber and totalrecorder, but i think they are a pile of shit.. need something that has more has more advance settings, and also will let me edit my rip's, so i can chop and change hear and there, so i hope u peoples out there have some interesting answer's to this query...

thanks in advance to everyone
    "money talks, bullshit runs the marathon"
  • beto
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Last year I copied my dad's vinyls to cds, couldn't find a decent soft that made the whole process easily adn with good results, so I ended up connecting the turntable to my soundcard, capturing the sound as wav with Soundforge, and then I cleaned the clicks, pops and the 'frying' with Soundforge's own Noise Reduction and Vinyl Restoration.

Just my way to do it, not perfect and not the easiest/fastest one available I'm sure.

Comment

• Remco Halderhooter
      Getting warmed up
      • Sep 2004

Re: Need your Help

I agree with Beto. I am archiving a lot of my vinyl by recording out the back of my mixer into a Soundblaster Live using Sound Forge. It may have a lot of pro features that you'll never need, but I'm sure it will have all the features you DO need.

Maybe look for an older version that someone may be will to sell cheaper. I'm using SF5 and it does everything I want. SF7 allows you to cut and paste from long files quicker, but I can live with it as it is.

cheers, RH
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tenafly viper 4 uploaded september 2006

Comment

Working...