Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trick12
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jul 2007

Re: what do u think about hernan cattaneo?

i see ur point, i feel the same way about matthew dekay, he's my fav dj and many people dont feel the same way abt him at all. but thats hernan man, just turn his MS birthday mix up(or his kiss recent mix), do a fat line, lite up ur cig and just kick back and listen...
    Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Feb 2009

Must agree with Chunky here.. There are a lot of very good djs who doesnt work for me either and i cant clearly explain why.. Fortier, Pappa and even Diggers (everytime i saw him live was AMAZING tho) are examples of it..

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• chunky
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
        Must agree with Chunky here.. There are a lot of very good djs who doesnt work for me either and i cant clearly explain why.. Fortier, Pappa and even Diggers (everytime i saw him live was AMAZING tho) are examples of it..
        Funny thing Digweed has never been one of my favourite DJ's and Sasha not in the last 10 years
        Originally posted by res0nat0r
        OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by chunky
          Quite a few over the years. The first was warming up for Oakenfold back in 1999 + Creamfields 2000 where he closed the main arena. The last was at The Cross about 3 years ago. Look I'm not slagging the bloke at all. I was just entering into the conversion that other DJ's have done it more for me. I posted last year that his August 2009 set was the best I heard all year. I wasn't trying to upset anyone or shoot him down.

Edit
          Fuck me my cocaine must be really good
          Totally realise that. It's actually good having a reasonable conversation. I just think it is great that you have a really good Dj that you do feel that way about.

There are a lot of very good djs who doesnt work for me either and i cant clearly explain why.. Fortier, Pappa and even Diggers (everytime i saw him live was AMAZING tho) are examples of it..
          AchtungBaby!, Interesting, I really like Chris Fortier and Pappa when I see them live, but the only sets I download and like are the ones I have been at ! I'm afraid John Digweed has never been the way he is described here when I have seen him.

On Hernan, he changes a lot from year to year, and for me in the best possible ways But he is still best when he plays his long sets where he gets a chance to connect with both the music and the crowd. He needs us as well

You all know how I feel about Hernan, but I actually love and respect that we have different opinions.
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• kassios
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Last time i saw Digweed live was 3 years ago....Will go see him this friday

http://soundcloud.com/concept-sheep

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Why does every thread here have to turn into a Digweed thread?? Silly question I suppose Have fun
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
                I wasn't going to answer this because everyone probably knows what I think But just couldn't resist the chance to talk about him.

Obviously I think he is amazing, as someone said in another thread he has made his own sound. Someone here wrote in a review that he has the ability to connect on a personal level with his fans and I think that is because he genuinely cares about his fans. If he does what he thinks is a average set, the worst they are is good, not great!! ,he will try and make it up. Looking at his site this week there was a gig cancelled in Rotterdam , next time I looked he was doing a charity [dance4life] gig in Rotterdam!! Obviously I don't know the details but it looks as though he has gone out of his way to look after his fans
                His music evolves all the time and just seems to get better and better . The 9/8/2007 mix is mindblowing. He plays current music and styles but mixes it until he owns it!!

I have been lucky enough to see him 5 times and three of those gigs were the three top gigs ever for me. In particular the last one was just so perfect that I worry no one will ever do better Even though he played an extra hour it was totally seamless aural bliss. He does seem to play best when he can play longer and he also seems very crowd reactive, if the crowd is with him he just pulls out all stops!!

He is so generous to us, the weekly mixes are alway new, and he seems to love sharing his music. Unlike another Dj we know whose initials are Danny Tenaglia!!! [Sorry,couldn't resist that either ]

As I have said before I totally respect his work ethic, he doesn't just churn it out, it's all quality! I have also discovered so many other great djs through his radio shows! I went to Deadmau5 here last week because I heard Jaded and Faxing Berlin on that 9/8 show, I've even discovered Australia guys through these shows!! He supports his industry.!!

I was also lucky enough to meet him on his last couple of gigs here and he is probably one of the nicest people I have ever met, genuinely interested in what we his fans think. Everyone I know who spoke with him or had dealings with him from the promoters down think he is pretty special.

I'm with the Argentinians [or Argentines] He's a God!! Actually my dearest wish would be to see him in B.A. with his own Argentinian crowd!!

Well. that should keep me under control for a little while.

btw we should appreciate what we get from him now because i'm sure there will come a time when, for whatever reason, he won't be able to give as much as he does now. Nobody could maintain what he does forever!!!
                Just rereading and everything still applies, except the radio show isn't here anymore But I did get finally to see him in Argentina. I really have wanted to do that for years

Oh, and I have seen him a lot more than 5 times now Although that 2007 set is still very, very special to me

Comment

• kassios
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

^^lol Thanks Btw it's true that everything still applies for Hernan ....I got to meet him once and he is really a nice guy.

I wish it was Hernan DI...but hey you can't go wrong with Diggers either !!!
                  http://soundcloud.com/concept-sheep

Comment

Working...