• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FM
    Wooooooo!
    • Jun 2004

Idiot Of The Day...

guess he doesn't get our culture

BOSTON, Oct. 1 (UPI) -- A Washington taxi driver faces a criminal charge because he joked about being a member of al-Qaida to an airline worker in Boston.

Ermiyaf A. Asfaw, an Ethiopian national, was returning to Washington from a visit to his girlfriend Saturday when an Air-Tran check-in employee asked him about stickers on his luggage from Dubai. He told her he had been in the United Arab Emirates.

"No. I'm al-Qaida. I'm with them, and I'm here to blow things up," he said when she asked if it had been a trip for business or pleasure.

Asfaw has been charged with making a false bomb threat. A judge set bail Monday at $1,500.

"This airport is not going to tolerate this type of behavior," said Phil Orlandella, a spokesman for the Massachusetts Port Authority. "This type of action is completely dumb."
    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
    Facebook!
    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Idiot Of The Day...

Newmixes.com never works and with megaupload u can only download one mix, these services Suck. Rapidshare sucks as well per you can only download once and then have to to wait 2 hours 3 hours. Please provide good alternate links and stop using these per they DON'T work, thank you.

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Dhar_2
      meat and potatoes
      • Jun 2004

i still say kinky wins it!

Comment

• progressive420
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

sounds like he was being a smart ass, and the stupid bitch had no sense of humor, sounds like some kind racial profiling......
        "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• day_for_night
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

^
          |
          this day and age, if a person isn't smart enough to realize that being a smart ass at the airport is a BAD idea, then i don't have a whole lot of sympathy for them.

Comment

• tiddles
            Encryption, Jr.
            • Jun 2004

Logan isn't the place to joke around about that

Comment

• Jibgolly
              Vortexuralizor
              • Jun 2004

is there any sense of humor left in this country? the first thing people do is alert the authorities. i'm afraid to even tie my shoes without government approval any more.

facking ridiculous.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                Vortexuralizor
                • Jun 2004

while i'm on that subject what constitues "suspicious activity" ?

was watching some bullshit news program the other day about some pot house that got busted in a nice neighborhood, and the police are urging citizens to report any "suspicious activity"

so if i'm walking in my neighborhood and drop my keys and bend over to pick them up and notice my shoe is untied and proceed to tie them, is it possible the police will come shake me down?

this heightened sense of security in america is (getting) out of hand.

Comment

• day_for_night
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

jib,

its not like this guy got arrested for saying this at the supermarket. he joked about blowing people up when they asked him if his trip was for business or pleasure while travelling through an airport. as an employee working there, you think she should have just let that one go?

Comment

• Jibgolly
                    Vortexuralizor
                    • Jun 2004

i see your point jeff, but damn.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                      Vortexuralizor
                      • Jun 2004

i wonder if a white man had made that joke, would the response be similar? or is it just profiling when a brown man says it?

Comment

• day_for_night
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

no i think they paint that one with the same brush...some old white guy got arrested a few months after 9/11 for making a joke about having a bomb in his bag. thats the only story i can think of off hand, but i'm sure there are more involving white people. too many timothy mcveighs out there...

Comment

• Jibgolly
                          Vortexuralizor
                          • Jun 2004

well right after 9/11 that makes sense. but so far down the road, i dont think any honkey would be taken seriously if he said that. don't get me wrong i'm not trying to defend this particular brown man, i just wish we'd all lighten up a bit. if i had been that airport worker, and could see the guy was joking, i probably would have laughed it off. but thats me, i have a sense of humor. my final judgement call would have been based on the guys facial expression.

think about it, how often do you think al queda members just blurt out "I'm Al Queda"

i'm willing to bet not often.

Comment

• Miroslav
                            WHOA I can change this!1!
                            • Apr 2006

I think this guy is getting what he deserved for being a dumbass. I'm sorry but it's just not fucking funny when I'm going to be getting on a plane and there are people like this to contend with who airport security decided to just let through because they "thought it was a joke". I'd feel better knowing that security takes a zero tolerance approach to idiots and weirdos.
                            mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• KinKyJ
                              Platinum Poser
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
                              ^
                              |
                              this day and age, if a person isn't smart enough to realize that being a smart ass at the airport is a BAD idea, then i don't have a whole lot of sympathy for them.
                              You know what a fun pass time is? Stroll up and down the street in front of a US embassy with a backpack. Never knew private security contractors could get so nervous

Comment

Working...