Sasha's set from Sound of Space? (another sasha bashing thread)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GregWhelan
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Sasha's set from Sound of Space? (another sasha bashing thread)

Hi all

I downloaded this from the promos and recommendations page to see if it was an improvement on his essential mix, which wasnt my cup of tea.

What a desperate mix this is from Sasha. Maybe I'm getting old but I can't see how/why people are falling all over themselves about this mix? I literally couldnt wait for it to end-can't recall one decent tune - just a series of tunes that sometimes started off good but then became crap.

Maybe it sounds great on a system? But this music is doing nothing for me at all - he's going the way of Digweed for me, which means less of my listening attention.....
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

Re: Sasha's set from Sound of Space?

Comment

• Garrick
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

i agree sasha hasn't been all that exciting for me either lately, but i thought for the first 45 minutes i heard, the set was entertaining... listening to the rest tonight. what i didn't like was a couple spots suonded like the set just skipped immediately from one song to the next and i had a hard time telling if it was the broadcast/recording or if it was him doing that... regardless, what i heard, i liked. and OF COURSE it sounds better live on a big system. the people that were there seem to really dig it too. i love recorded sets where you can feel the audience out. really gives the listener perspective to the occassion. i hope the rest of the set is good. we'll see.
      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• day_for_night
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

Re: Sasha's set from Sound of Space? (another sasha bashing thread)

"going the way of Digweed"?

he's no where close to being at a digweed level right now...

Comment

• karaquazian
          Addiction started
          • Feb 2006

i thought the set was ok but what killed it for me was hearing the radio ids every 10 seconds. ffs let at least 1/3 of the track play

Comment

• jay813
            Platinum Poster
            • May 2005

there must be a crack epidemic in Luton. Sasha has been on fire this year...

Comment

• GregWhelan
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Jib - thanks for letting me express my opinion mate. I hope this board doesnt go the way of the GU board.

I just can't see all the fuss with Sasha and Digweed nowadays. It cracks me up when a mix of theirs gets put up and people are saying 'Top 5 mix sets ever' etc etc. It has happened with Transitions 3 - people saying its amazing and up there with the best etc..

Think I might stick to Nick Warren and Hernan Cattaneo....

Comment

• Jibgolly
                Vortexuralizor
                • Jun 2004

we strive not to be GU mate.

i'm feeling frothy today so forgive my for mislabeling your thread. i didnt care for that mix either, but i move on to the next one instead of stating how much he or it sucks.

Comment

• Garrick
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

its been a while since i've checked up on you jib... the rate you were going you should only have about 40296742.5 gigs of music to catch up on. that's almost as bad as adam's water bill.
                  Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• tiddles
                    Encryption, Jr.
                    • Jun 2004

haven't heard this set, but i've been pretty happy with sasha's stuff this year. i'm not one of his bootlickers, but it's much better than the ride-scorcio-hoochie koocie man-in a state- into cowpander days

Comment

• Jibgolly
                      Vortexuralizor
                      • Jun 2004

i lost count after 72940180.7 gigs

Comment

• AntonyM
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Oct 2004

Really dug the thank you mix and the Emix seemed like on on bit of on on builder. Not always into all of his tracks, yet he finds on on way to get some flow going and once Sasha catches momentum, its on. As for him sounding like Digweed, they have been playing more together lately and they seem to be more on the same page adding to each other, instead of cancelling each other out, which they seem to do in the past. Catteneo does play on on wide variety of style and is one of the few people besides, Howells and Kevorkian who can play 8 hr sets and go through multipule genres of music, which makes Cattaneo special indeed.
                        Originally posted by Shpira
                        So came back last night...
                        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                        Originally posted by Illuminate
                        Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                        2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                        4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• fer_
                          Platinum Poster
                          • May 2005

yeah i find cattaneo TOO dinamic nowadays ... love him but nothing can beat his dark deep prog period

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

Its simple - Sasha hasn't been carrying around that much decent music on his hard drive: very few vocals, and none of the amazingly beautiful soundscapes that blew people away previously ... lets face it, he used to drop tracks that would stop you in your tracks on the dancefloor and leave you awestruck .. now I'm happy to hear something that is just pretty good and unclicky - he can have no excuses, Digweed had plenty of decent stuff in the summer and Hernan and Garcia always have tremendous productions to hand. Maybe the flunkies that dig out the "exclusives" from Mr Coe's server need sacking, and he definately needs to transfer his old vinyl on MAVEN. While I'll continue to support him and turn out there's always a sense of disappointment .. he's a bit like an old boxer who may or may not have that one last big title fight in him !
                            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Jayson
                              Addiction started
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                              Think I might stick to Nick Warren and Hernan Cattaneo....
                              Well that's your first mistake
                              Piss off you phucking wanksters!

Comment

Working...