The beginning of his EM was good, and then it just went on a 1hr+ peak which got too much for me. It's all that synths and shit (when was the last time Sasha played a track with a good bassline?!). But I enjoyed the Thank You mix, shows what he can actually do when he puts his mind to it, and all in under 60mins.
Sasha's set from Sound of Space? (another sasha bashing thread)
Collapse
X
-
Re: Sasha's set from Sound of Space? (another sasha bashing thread)
The beginning of his EM was good, and then it just went on a 1hr+ peak which got too much for me. It's all that synths and shit (when was the last time Sasha played a track with a good bassline?!). But I enjoyed the Thank You mix, shows what he can actually do when he puts his mind to it, and all in under 60mins.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head. -
Re: Sasha's set from Sound of Space? (another sasha bashing thread)
Apart from both the EM and Sound of Space sharing a few of the same tracks (see below) they both suffer (or benefit) from being sustained peak-time sets.
He really revs the joint up when he drops the Julien Jeweil - Air Conditionn? (Umek Remix) track but that's about it.
Of course many might like that, but I don't mind it when the set builds up, climaxes, releases, builds up again and so on. Kinda reminds me of sex.
That's why I really liked the Bonnaroo effort.
Maybe before the summer is out someone will post a link to a 6 hour beach party set where he gets to stretch his legs a bit and show us a few hidden jewels that no-one else is playing.
Davis & May ? Neotron (Ryan Davis Edit)
Steve T - Elefont
Gamma Rox & Roy Brizman - Al Tiga Li Babeten (Beta Blokka Remix)
Pryda - Ironman
Federico Epis - Brasilia
Jerome Isma-Ae & Melih Ask - Nell (Joe T Vanelli Remix)Comment
-
Re: Sasha's set from Sound of Space? (another sasha bashing thread)
There, that told you Greg!
I love these arguments/discussions. They are literally the most pointless thing ever because there is no one on this planet who can label music as 'good' or 'bad' coz it is all 100% a matter of opinion. To people who love death metal it is the best thing ever to them and all this electronic stuff is total shat and no even real music coz its made on a computer. (They are obviously talking bollox but u know what I am getting at!)
However, I still enjoy reading/participating in them so..
Sasha sucks and has totally lost it
Digweed is on top form and has been since the end of 2005
I am right, anyone who argues otherwise is wrong. End of story..
[quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'Comment
-
Re: Sasha's set from Sound of Space? (another sasha bashing thread)
Also the maybe because the sets are live from a club and he comes on after a warmup DJ, so he's gotta pump it up or carry on / maintain from what the warmup did. But I've never been a fan of his peak time sound, sounds like music to gurn to.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Sasha's set from Sound of Space? (another sasha bashing thread)
I haven't been impressed by Sasha for years. Seen him three times during that time, once with Digweed, and they were all average to good ,but nowhere near, great nights. The one with Digweed was the best. I mean in all aspects, mixing, track selection etc. A few train wrecks there! While I have a lot of respect for the part they have played in EDM, particularly Digweed, neither of them do a great deal for me anymore.
Transitions 3 is pleasant, and there are a few tracks I really like, but it don't touch me at all. I really want to be moved in every way by the music I hear. !!
It's not good or bad it's just what works for me!! I still like Nick Warren, he's getting a good run on my ipod at the moment.
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Sasha's set from Sound of Space? (another sasha bashing thread)
Fucking nobody touches even close to where Digweed is now and has been for two years.
Sasha's a bit meh now but still better than he has been since 2002.Forward thinking house musicComment
-
Re: Sasha's set from Sound of Space? (another sasha bashing thread)
True that, the pre and post Ableton Live Sasha is quite different. I enjoyed his 2005 Maida Vale EM when he was just started playing around with Live. Now it's just, yeah whatever.
Same with Zabiela actually. I preferred him when he was making the promos, inc. his latest 4.4, but seeing him live and fucking around so much on the effects just spoils the musical experience for me.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Sasha's set from Sound of Space? (another sasha bashing thread)
The reason I posted in the first place was because I'm just very surprised by the plaudits he has been getting for what I feel are very bland sets - most of the tracks sound the same to me.
And as for Digweed - don't get me started.......Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,522
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment