[Special Download] Mercuryserver premiere: Inkfish 3 hour studio mix

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

[Special Download] Mercuryserver premiere: Inkfish 3 hour studio mix

Just in time to start off the weekend we are happy to introduce two new artists we have not featured yet on Mercuryserver: the two DJ's and producers from Sweden, Johan and Andreas Hermansson aka Inkfish.

Since they are damn good at what they are doing we make up for this by providing you with a three hour studio mix they recently made and handed over to us to share it with the [ms] community exclusively. Many thanks to Johan and Andreas for this and also many thanks to Magnus aka filthy on this board for making the contact. Let the music speak for itself and grab it while it is hot. The icing on the cake is that Inkfish uploaded their mix in superb 320k audio quality which explains the 450 MB size of the beast. Kazzzzzing!

Inkfish

"The production/DJ outfit Inkfish sprang to life in 1998, when the four Swedish lads Mattias Lindblom, Jesper Lindquist, Andreas Hermansson and Johan Hermansson joined forces. Dishing out a variety of electronic music over the last eight years, the quartet has been featured on almost 60 compilations world wide mixed by dj's like Armin van Bureen, Ferry Corsten & on the highly respected Renaissance compilations. They received support from leading DJ’s across the globe such as Paul Oakenfold, Paul van Dyk, Deep Dish, Nick Warren to mention a few.

Inkfish has produced alongside big name producers/DJ's such as David West, Hardy Heller & Tomas Andersson under different disguises. They have released records on tribal-maestros Chus & Ceballos Solar-label, Armin's Armada label, Baroque, Tune Inn, Silver Planet, SOG, Release Records and loads of others. As remixers they?ve done the deeds for producers like Medway, Kingkade and Matt Darey. And on their duty remixing Inkfish tracks you find people as Steve Angello, Barry Gilbey, D. Ramirez, Flash Brothers and many more. Inkfish also run their own Sumplus imprint alongside with their good friend Martin H.

Together with David West they also records as De Nada, Synergy & Pharmacy of Sound. Inkfish did a dj-mix for Annie Nightingales BBC Radio One-show and also been guest on loads of other shows with national coverage such as Virus (Switerland) and Plattenleger (Germany). The boys are also residents for Renaissance?s parties in Olso, Norway.

Taking care of business behind the turntables you’ll find one half of the Inkfish moniker, the two brothers Johan and Andreas. They provide a soundtrack of groovy progressive tracks with elements of tribal and techno. They are well known to rock the dance floors wherever they appear. Their reputation has so far taken them to over 30 countries worldwide. With almost 50 releases and 60 compilations there is no doubt that Inkfish is a heavyweight in the underground house scene."

Taken from the artist website: http://www.inkfish.se/
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: [Special Download] Mercuryserver premiere: Inkfish 3 hour studio mix

Kazzzzzing!

thanks inkfish and TomTom!!
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Lorn
      Looking for a title!
      • Sep 2004

Damn....thanks for this!

Comment

• Gatz
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

Again nice work - Thanks Tom and Inkfish

Comment

• fer_
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2005

niceeeeee thanxxx

Comment

• phazon
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

Wicked, thanks for sharing, great to hear something different from the same old
            ----------------------------

Comment

• billyz
              Addiction started
              • Dec 2006

Wicked! Love their work, looking forward to the listen.
              Billy Z
              soundcloud.com/djbillyz
              mixcloud.com/djbillyz
              twitter.com/djbillyz
              twitter.com/bluePRINTSaturo
              instagram.com/djbillyz
              djbillyz.com

Comment

• arnani
                Getting Somewhere
                • Mar 2007

thnx tom thnx ms really i luv the awesome progressive tunes spined by this two guys i m in contact with johan his a good friend and a good guy

Comment

• AntonyM
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Oct 2004

How is Inkfish's sound nowaday haven't heard anything by them in some time. Appreciate the effort, 3hrs is good bit of time to stretch out the ol' musical legs. Big up to you as well Tom.
                  Originally posted by Shpira
                  So came back last night...
                  Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                  Originally posted by Illuminate
                  Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                  2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                  3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                  4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Kat
                    A pretty fn good milkshake
                    • Mar 2006

I love their sonud - amazing
                    Thank you!
                    ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• ribbario
                      Underwater
                      • Aug 2006

Special thanks for Special Download !!!
                      Can`t wait to hear this !!!!
                      Cool !!!!
                      Mixes !!!

Comment

• TomTom
                        Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                        • May 2002

Sorry for the delay where the mix was offline..will keep it up a bit longer because this mix fucking rocks.

Comment

• fabric8
                          200mph Club
                          • Jul 2006

BIG thanks Tom, I was just listening to Inkfish Live @ Matrix - Ukraine from 2004, looking forward to hearing this one.

Comment

• ribbario
                            Underwater
                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by fabric8
                            BIG thanks Tom, I was just listening to Inkfish Live @ Matrix - Ukraine from 2004, looking forward to hearing this one.
                            I would like to hear it - Can you upload it by any chance ?
                            Mixes !!!

Comment

• fabric8
                              200mph Club
                              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by ribbario
                              I would like to hear it - Can you upload it by any chance ?

here you go:

Here's a solid Inkfish set from 2004 to add to your collections. part 1- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NUYS7SMI part 2- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U8LC9VDA *** here you go ribbs Enjoy

Comment

Working...