John Digweed - Guest Mix on The Club - Triple J Sydney (6-Oct-2007)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: John Digweed - Guest Mix on The Club - Triple J Sydney (6-Oct-2007)

Originally posted by hashhead
    more true reflection of club set rather than commercially released album

total agreement with sakio....Gridlock just gets better and better

cheers fabric
    Totally on point
    have heard a lot of these tracks
    last time I saw him recently.
    Think Diggers will hit Aussieland after
    he sweeps through Latin and South America
    probably late Dec.
    Of course S&D in LA on New Year's
    should be mental.
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• lapster
      Fresh Peossy
      • Oct 2007

01John Digweed & Nick Muir - Gridlock (stripped down remix) [Renaissance]
      02 king unique - yohkoh

Comment

• dusk
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Thank you fabric! You're a star
        As always a wonderful addition to my collection...
        ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• chernaldo
          Addiction started
          • Aug 2006

Wow... Great great mix
          Last track is awesome!!!

Comment

• paketxx
            Getting Somewhere
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by fabric8
            John Digweed - Guest Mix on The Club - Triple J Sydney (6-Oct-2007)

Just recorded this and thought you guys might like a little treat to start the weekend off, A 5 minute Digweed phone interview with Nicole Foote Live, followed by a 1 hour JD guest mix.

Enjoy!!!

Thank you.

I enjoyed listening

Comment

• hashhead
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

listening again

digweed at his best

i love it

digweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed
              Last edited by hashhead; October 19, 2022, 11:34:05 AM. Reason: Shame

Comment

• Daiei
                Getting warmed up
                • Jan 2007

Any hero able to upload this?

Cheers!

Comment

• Daiei
                  Getting warmed up
                  • Jan 2007

I was able to track this down and upload it for everyone: https://www.mediafire.com/file/cq3t6...6-07).mp3/file

I'd also like to share a mystery that's been haunting me since Gridlock was released. When Digweed played Gridlock live he either looped something after the climax or had an unreleased version (I'm leaning towards this because he's done it numerous times). There's a constant reverb (8 beat loop) and more importantly CHAOTIC MELODY that isn't in any of the released mixes. Simply amazing, adds SO MUCH MORE.

Here's another poster also hearing what I'm talking about:

Originally posted by distinctive
                  Amzing set!! At 6:10min mark there's a sample ive been looking for. Dont know if that's from Gridlock or some other production.

Here is a longer version

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KUQoe6Vo9gM
                  And more live videos of the version I can't find anywhere:

Shame I may never find it, but that version was pure perfection. Anyone at least able to chime in and confirm they can hear what I hear and I'm not going crazy? Listen to any mix of Gridlock, those sounds sadly aren't there.

Comment

• Hydrosonic
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Daiei
                    I was able to track this down and upload it for everyone: https://www.mediafire.com/file/cq3t6...6-07).mp3/file

I'd also like to share a mystery that's been haunting me since Gridlock was released. When Digweed played Gridlock live he either looped something after the climax or had an unreleased version (I'm leaning towards this because he's done it numerous times). There's a constant reverb (8 beat loop) and more importantly CHAOTIC MELODY that isn't in any of the released mixes. Simply amazing, adds SO MUCH MORE.

Shame I may never find it, but that version was pure perfection. Anyone at least able to chime in and confirm they can hear what I hear and I'm not going crazy? Listen to any mix of Gridlock, those sounds sadly aren't there.
                    agreed -- there was an immense version he was touring with late 2006/early 2007. I think the closest thing that gets to that is the 25-minute version that Diggers released as part of the Transitions 3 CD (apologies if you already knew about this version)
                    320 requester

Comment

• Daiei
                      Getting warmed up
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Hydrosonic
                      agreed -- there was an immense version he was touring with late 2006/early 2007. I think the closest thing that gets to that is the 25-minute version that Diggers released as part of the Transitions 3 CD (apologies if you already knew about this version)
                      I have heard of that mix, sadly no chaotic melody in it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Crazy with all the recordings from 2007 I've never heard that version in a set, just small video clips.

Comment

• lord lucan
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Daiei

No mate you're not going mad. It's not another track. At the time It was pretty well known , or maybe not well known, but assumed he had his own cut of it and kept it for himself.
                        He had a few different versions from memory.
                        You should message him he's pretty good with responding to his own tracks. Or if not him bother Scott Dawson he's only sitting eating pies anyway.

Comment

• Ace
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Aug 2008

Per an interview with Nick Muir they do about 7 versions of the tracks they produce, so this is probably one of those alternate ones.

Comment

• Daiei
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Ace
                            Per an interview with Nick Muir they do about 7 versions of the tracks they produce, so this is probably one of those alternate ones.
                            release the best one

Comment

Working...