Chillage Idiots 2 hrs of electronia/techno/ambience..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Chillage
    Fresh Peossy
    • Sep 2006

Chillage Idiots 2 hrs of electronia/techno/ambience..

Hi all,

Thought I'd share this with you. Been doing an electronica show on Dublin's Xfm since 1996 with my djing partner Mick. This isn't a mix but a 3/4 track set then a bit of a chat then 3/4 more tracks etc.

Here's our bio:

The Chillage Idiots - Xfm 107.9 - Dublin - Ireland

http://www.xfmdublin.com 8-10pm gmt *live* every Sunday

Mick and Paul know each other since the age of 4, when they first met while attending the same primary school. After going their seperate ways, they met again in 1989 at Sides, a dance club in Dublin's city centre. Discovering that both of them had a love of the same music they decided to keep in touch and in 1990 by chance they both started working for DV8 shoes. There they soundtracked the smell of feet and Red or Dead shoes with early Aphex Twin, 808 State, LFO, Orbital, The Shamen, Autechre etc. In January 1996, they secured a slot at Dublin radio station Xfm and the Chillage Idiots were born. Since then, they've been playing out what they consider the best in current and classic electronica, techno, house, ambient, drum'n'bass, breaks, electro and endless permutations of the electronic sound. Their most recent guests have included Miles Tillman (Toytronic etc) doing 2 sets of amazing electronic dubbiness; Esa Ruoho aka Lackluster doing a live almost 2 hr improvised set and Rod Morris aka Omnidexter from Underscan records discussing his new release "All My Love". On past shows they have interviewed former Warp records recording artist, Jimi Tenor, did a 2hr special on Fax Records with a live phone interview with label owner Pete Namlook, celebrated the 1st birthday of the now defunct Defocus Records with interviews with label owner Clair and recording artists CiM and Tim Koch. Other guests have been Vvm recording artists Mad Dog and Skkatter and also Front End Synthetics' main men Paul Morrin and John Dermody.

Anyway enough twaddle, here's the music. Btw feedback good or bad is always welcome. Also if you make electronic music and would like some airplay please get in touch. Enjoy.

P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/09/2007

Future Beat Alliance: ?Eon Link 500″ [Going Thru Life] Delsin
    D?Arcangelo: ?Nadine? [Eksel] Rephlex
    Paul Kalkbrenner: ?Page 1,2,3″ [Reworks] BPitch Control
    Mind Over Rhythm: ?Uncharted Territory? [Mind Over Rhythm Meets The Men From Plaid On The Planet Luv] Rumble
    Boy Is Fiction: ?Stack Is Bad? [Boy Is Fiction] List
    Kettel: ?Now Find Another Moon? [Whisper Me Wishes] Clone
    Phelan Sheppard: ?Weaving Song? [An Taobh Tuathail Vol. 1] Psychonavigation
    Monkey Harris: ?Orion Nebula? (unreleased) http://www.myspace.com/monkeyharrispadman
    Andy Stott: ?Choke? [Merciless] Modern Love
    Aril Brikha: ?Lady 707″ [Ex Machina] Peacefrog
    Too Funk: ?1,2,3 B to C? [Igra] Ferox
    Deepchord Presents Echospace: ?First Point Of Aries? [The Coldest Season - Part 1] Modern Love
    John Foxx: ?Infinite In All Directions? [Cathedral Oceans I] Edsel
    Deaf Center: ?Lamp Mien? [Pale Ravine] Type
    Locust: ?I Become Overwhelmed? [Truth Is Born Of Arguments] Apollo
    Chymera: ?Eldar Lane? [Chymera/Sourcecode Split ep] Nice & Nasty
    Speedy J: ?Beam Me Up!? [Ginger] Warp
    Boy Is Fiction: ?Say Ah? (Detritus Mix) free download below http://www.listrecords.co.uk/SayAh(DetritusRemix).mp3

• Micko
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: Chillage Idiots 2 hrs of electronia/techno/ambience..

Good man yourself . Not many other people from Dublin on this site. Another good one to check out, if you haven't already is hybridized.org for submitting sets. Some great stuff there.

thanks for the mix

Comment

• Paul Chillage
      Fresh Peossy
      • Sep 2006

Re: Chillage Idiots 2 hrs of electronia/techno/ambience..

Cheers man. Appreciate you taking the time out to post a reply.
      Regards,
      P

Comment

Working...