X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shpira
    Angry Boy Child
    • Oct 2006

Re: eric prydz?

When you find out...i would really also be interested in finding out...maybe he is not worth it but he gets the crowd...makes us money mmmmmmmuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!
    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Steve Graham
      DJ Jelly
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by AntonyM
      With all the big records he's had
      at least 5k US
      He's playing here in Vegas on a Thursday night
      when it is typically slow, so maybe even less than 5k
      though some on this board would argue
      he's not worth 5 quid.

5k? i would be very surprised if even on a thursday he is asking less than 15K.. EVERYONE is caning his tracks at the moment

*edit*
      just asked one of my mates (pretty dependable source by the way)... he said 13k-15k

Comment

• tiddles
        Encryption, Jr.
        • Jun 2004

call on meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

• day_for_night
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

his productions under the 'pryda' moniker are nothing to sneeze at. some pretty impressive dancefloor material...

Comment

• tiddles
            Encryption, Jr.
            • Jun 2004

i don't ev-even remember
            they all sound the same!

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

they are all HUGE though.. but props to him, as i said everyone seems to play them.. trouble is, every one seems to play them

Comment

• tiddles
                Encryption, Jr.
                • Jun 2004

i like muranyi because the melody sounds like an old nintendo theme.

Comment

• fumanchu182
                  Angantyr The Ruthless
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                  they are all HUGE though.. but props to him, as i said everyone seems to play them.. trouble is, every one seems to play them
                  Wonder if his shows are nothing but his own tracks, lol...
                  The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

• fisheye
                    Addiction started
                    • Aug 2004

His essential mix this year was 'interesting' to say the least.
                    Fairly decent track selection interspersed with this whacked out scratch effect that rips your ears aparts then stops all of a sudden. And then just to be a show-off he finishes the set by
                    mixing the percussion from Josh Wink's a ‘Higher State Of Consciousness’ , with a synth riff from Vangelis ‘Chariots Of Fire’ , together with his edit of Arno Cost and Arias ‘Magenta' and just to be a real show-off puts the vocal from house number Robin S ‘Show Me Love’ on top. That's 4 tracks in one. I've never heard Sasha or Digweed do that.

Comment

• AntonyM
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Oct 2004

Pretty sure he's bangin a lot of his tracks
                      and exclusives he gets from other artists
                      cause he's the Tony Thomas of electrohouse.
                      Originally posted by Shpira
                      So came back last night...
                      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                      Originally posted by Illuminate
                      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• day_for_night
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fisheye
                        And then just to be a show-off he finishes the set by
                        mixing the percussion from Josh Wink's a ‘Higher State Of Consciousness’ , with a synth riff from Vangelis ‘Chariots Of Fire’ , together with his edit of Arno Cost and Arias ‘Magenta' and just to be a real show-off puts the vocal from house number Robin S ‘Show Me Love’ on top. That's 4 tracks in one. I've never heard Sasha or Digweed do that.
                        Thats cause its more than likely done on ableton before hand and just burned on to a cd.

Comment

• Shpira
                          Angry Boy Child
                          • Oct 2006

I thought that the whole point of essential mix is that its all done live, right? or am I wrong...if it isn't then there is no point as one could pay digweed a 1 000 000£ (if one had it) and say its ones set...
                          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Steve Graham
                            DJ Jelly
                            • Jun 2004

i imagine it is very rare for any mix you hear on the radio or the internet is being done live and not a pre recorded set sent in to be aired

Comment

• day_for_night
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

if its live with an audience...then its obviously a live recording (ie. digweed's recent e-mix). Other than that, I highly doubt they're not being done in ableton.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                                DJ Jelly
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
                                if its live with an audience...then its obviously a live recording (ie. digweed's recent e-mix). Other than that, I highly doubt they're not being done in ableton.
                                no shit, but i think he meant live in the studio as you listen, lol

i may very well be wrong, its happened a time or two

Comment

Working...