Made Event presents Marco Carola with Martin Buttrich (live) @ Cielo - Friday Oct 19

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plexipr
    Gold Gabber
    • Apr 2005

Made Event presents Marco Carola with Martin Buttrich (live) @ Cielo - Friday Oct 19

Made Event presents Italian techno stalwart MARCO CAROLA with MARTIN BUTTRICH (live) at intimate dance music boîte Cielo on Friday, October 19th, 2007.

With a vast array of production credits and a whole host of labels under his belt (Design, 1000, Zenit, Question, Do.Mi.No), Marco Carola has emerged in the last decade to be one of Italy’s most influential exports of techno and electronic music. As a DJ, he says “I think my style’s always been changing. I started with house music, I went tribal techno, and now I can say I play more minimal techno. I can say that I’ve never really been going through trends. From my background, from house to techno, I would call it a new house or a new techno, this is what I call it right now. It’s been a little difficult in the last 2 years to let people know I’m not playing that hard. But the old crowd seems to accept the new sound – when I’m sampling minimal, it doesn’t mean I’m sampling boring minimal; I always keep my funky side.” Carola released his debut mix compilation last year on Fabric’s venerated club series, Fabric 31, truly cementing his global DJ standing. Now with his new label Do.Mi.No, with 12 releases planned in the series, Carola is unleashing his more minimal side of music.

Martin Buttrich
    has been involved in such a large number of productions since his early days in Hanover circa 1995. Since then he has collaborated with many artists, most famously with Timo Maas and Loco Dice, as well as delivering high end Italo House for labels such as AM:PM, Twisted and Defected as Sounds of Life with Andy Bolleshon. Buttrich was so prolific in fact, he started a trend of delivering a record in one alias and remixing it himself under another. Now with his own productions storming on Steve Bug's highly prized imprint, Pokerflat, Four:Twenty Recordings and on the absolutely legendary and truly old school label Planet E run by Paperclip People wizard Carl Craig, Buttrich is poised to embrace his own underground notoriety.

In July 2007, Martin Buttrich and Dice founded the Düsseldorf-based label Desolat. Both Dice and Buttrich had a long-standing artistic career in music before they decided to take a challenge and create a platform to release music they like independently and quickly. The first release on Desolat comes from Dubfire (aka Ali Shirazinia) – one half of the electronic music duo Deep Dish. The legend says that Dubfire created RibCage after he heard one Loco Dice DJ set at DC 10 in Ibiza.

www.made-event.com
    www.marcocarola.net
    www.myspace.com/marcocarola
    www.myspace.com/martinbuttrich
    www.myspace.com/desolatmusicgroup

Friday, October 19th
    Made Event presents

MARCO CAROLA
    with MARTIN BUTTRICH (live)

Cielo
    18 Little West 12th Street
    New York City
    Doors at 10pm, 21+ Valid ID
    $20 Advance Tickets at www.ticketweb.com
    Event Info 917.723.9381

Made Event NYC Upcoming Events
    October 19 Marco Carola+ Martin Buttrich (live) @ Cielo
    October 25 Loco Dice + Adam Beyer @ Cielo
    October 26 Paul Van Dyk @ Roseland Ballroom
    October 27 Lee Burridge Halloween Bash @ Studio B
    November 3 Aphrodite CD Release Tour @ Club Shelter
    November 9 Armin van Buuren @ Pacha
    November 9 Luke Fair @ Cielo
    November 10 M.A.N.D.Y & Damian Lazarus @ Studio B
    November 10 Laurent Garnier @ Cielo
    November 16 Eric Prydz @ Pacha New York
    November 22 Paul Oakenfold @ Pacha
    November 23 Guy Gerber @ Cielo

About Made Event
    The Made Event team, headed by Mike Bindra and Laura De Palma, is committed to excellence in the programming, promotion, and production of electronic dance music events. They continually bring a world-renowned caliber of entertainment into a variety of distinctive and innovative venues, and seek to push the limit of expertise in their field. With over 20 years of combined experience, and over 250 successful events produced in New York City and at Winter Music Conference, Made Event is an industry leader.
    DANCE LOCAL THINK GLOBAL
  • plexipr
    Gold Gabber
    • Apr 2005

Re: Made Event presents Marco Carola with Martin Buttrich (live) @ Cielo - Friday Oct

SET TIMES

Be sure to catch Martin Buttrich live - he's the production genius behind Dice, Timo Maas and many others!

10-12 Memek
    12-1 Martin Buttrich Live
    1-4 Marco Carola
    DANCE LOCAL THINK GLOBAL

Comment

Working...