• Mar 2006

Wmc 08

The dates have been confirmed!

March 25th to 29th
  • liquidmesa
    Getting Somewhere
    • Aug 2007

Re: Wmc 08

I already got my room confirmed on Ocean drive! Woooohoooo!

Comment

• jeffrey collins
      Not cool enough
      • Jun 2004

i got my room confirmed for right where i'm at. if I wanna keep this job. I can't be missing any days for the next 5 1/2 months. So I'm out...AGAIN.
      Jeffrey Collins: Painter
      My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
      My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• BureOne
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

Hmmm, Im getting married March 8th... would be a sweeet honeymoOn.. for me at least

Comment

• 4wardprogress
          Getting Somewhere
          • Nov 2006

real tempting to go for the 3rd year in a row. Flight and hotel are not very cheap though!! Gonna have to do some serious planning to make it. I'm crossin my fingers

Comment

• AntonyM
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2004

Always game time decision for myself
            get too damn busy at that time of year
            got to be positive.
            Originally posted by Shpira
            So came back last night...
            Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
            Originally posted by Illuminate
            Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
            2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
            3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
            4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• liquidmesa
              Getting Somewhere
              • Aug 2007

Yeha the hotels are REALLY jacking up their prices this year. It is alittle out of control. I got a really good deal, but that is because I booked the second I got notice about the dates, before the hotels caught on. The hotel room I got for 140.00/night is now going for 350.00/ngt- crazy!

Comment

• Jibgolly
                Vortexuralizor
                • Jun 2004

screw wmc!

DEMF here Jib comes!

Comment

• 4wardprogress
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Nov 2006

I've heard tons of good things about DEMF. It too sounds intriguing. How can you compare South Beach to Detroit though?!?!?!?

Is DEMF more techno oriented?? From the 07 lineup, it seems like it, but there were a lot of names that I didn't recognize. I'd be interested in some more info before I could decide either way.

Any help Jib????

Comment

• jesteraver
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                    screw wmc!

DEMF here Jib comes!
                    I might go to DEMF '08 if I am on the continent.

Comment

• 3ibb3
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                      screw wmc!

DEMF here Jib comes!

I went to DEMF for the first time this year and i must say WOW what an experence. it's not 24 hours like Miami but it was so much better. The music was awesome, the people were real fans and the DJ's were there hanging out in the crowd before and after there sets. I can't wait to next year.

some high points from last year

Gui Boratto
                      Guido Schenider (best set i have ever been at)
                      Claude von Stroke
                      Marco carolla
                      Mathew Dear

i do plan an making it down to Miami too

Comment

• liquidmesa
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by 3ibb3
                        I went to DEMF for the first time this year and i must say WOW what an experence. it's not 24 hours like Miami but it was so much better. The music was awesome, the people were real fans and the DJ's were there hanging out in the crowd before and after there sets. I can't wait to next year.

some high points from last year

Gui Boratto
                        Guido Schenider (best set i have ever been at)
                        Claude von Stroke
                        Marco carolla
                        Mathew Dear

i do plan an making it down to MIiami too

WTF! Everyone I know that goes to WMC, myself included, love and know the music.I am curious how you qualify the fans in Miami as not being "real fans" of the music?

Please, spare us the eliist BS! They are both important events contributing the EDM scene in their own unique ways.

Comment

• 3ibb3
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by liquidmesa
                          WTF! Everyone I know that goes to WMC, myself included, love and know the music.I am curious how you qualify the fans in Miami as not being "real fans" of the music?

Please, spare us the eliist BS! They are both important events contributing the EDM scene in their own unique ways.

I go to Miami for WMC every year and I love it. I think of my self and loads of other people there as real fans, but we are far out numbered by the rest of the see and be seen crowd down in Miami. The spring breakers and the rest of the party crowd. Well in Detroit it is all about the festival. its all about the music. . none of that other shit matters.

i will be in Maimi because i cant give up on the Conference but Detroit was a far better experence for me in 2007 then any of the conferences that i have been to & i've gone 6 of the last 7 years.
                          Last edited by 3ibb3; October 30, 2007, 03:05:02 PM.

Comment

• 4wardprogress
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Nov 2006

well, did the number crunching and decided three nights is best for me. Hotel booked and the anticipation is already building!! Cant wait!

Comment

• Steve Graham
                              DJ Jelly
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by liquidmesa

i agree mate.. wmc is fun.. great vibes, great music, networking is phenominal! i have never been to demf, so i cant speak on it, i dont know if the networking aspect is the same, and i ALWAYS see dj's hanging around the crowd before and after their sets. but, i do agree miami in general, outside of wmc week, is full of people that dont "get it", though there are a lot of good events/weekly's starting to pop.
                              most of the locals seem to go into hibernation during wmc, thank god, lol.. or they are just severely out numbered.. but i have been there one day after wmc and it was like night and day, the atmosphere sucked.

also, 4wardprogress, if you are not going to stay the whole week, you might want to book your room for the whole week anyway until you see when the parties are that you want to see.. then you can always change it. just make sure the hotel wont charge you for changing the reservation, which most wont.. that way, you wont have a room for three night and a party you want to go to is on a day/night you be there.. hotels book up fast and prices start going up closer to conference

Comment

Working...