X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

God

i don't really believe in a god. to me it seems like the highest caliber of bullshit propaganda in the world. am i really expected to believe that i was created two-thousand years ago while science proves that humans have been around for far longer? i've never been religious, but recently certain points have been brought up that make me have even less belief about a "supreme being"

yeah yeah, jesus was sacrificed, but this father of his... when did he exist? when was he made "god"? was his name "god"?

the ancient egyptians were thought of as gods while they still lived, so why should i trust that jesus' father is my almighty one?

i just don't buy in to it.

please discuss.
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Re: God

+1

If I don't believe in God it means I don't believe in Hell, so quit trying to convince me that I should believe and repent so I don't spent eternity in damnation. It doesn't work. proof is not all around me. The bible didn't predict shit. I can read the latest Harry Potter novel and interpret WW2 from it. your religion, along with the dozen other religions out there, aren't all the right "choice." And most of all, I don't want to donate a portion of my salary to your damned cult! quit looking down on me because I don't believe in what you believe.

Comment

• sammwalk
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

oh god. another god argument, goddammit. god help us, for god's sake.

Comment

• Jibgolly
        Vortexuralizor
        • Jun 2004

it's not an argument, it's a discussion. why do you, or don't you believe.

Comment

• ddr
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

you are thinking about the christian god.. there are many many gods out there that different people believe in.. and each are better than the other one

imo, i am there with you.

After watching the series The Universe on discovery channel, the universe and everything in it is extraordinary. Noone knows how it all came about or how we came about, there are theories... a god creating it, in my opinion, just cheapens life
          "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Jibgolly
            Vortexuralizor
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ddr
            you are thinking about the christian god..
            yes, since i'm catholic, i question the "god" i was taught to believe in.

i suppose if i we're anything else, i would probably also question the validity of that "god"

Comment

• BureOne
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

hasn't this come up before?.... when cowardly used to roam these vast lands...?

Comment

• Jenks
                I'm kind of a big deal.
                • Jun 2004

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters.

Comment

• Kat
                  A pretty fn good milkshake
                  • Mar 2006

I think this is perfect for this thread

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyWEBbFwU1o[/YOUTUBE]

♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• kittymarmalade
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Oct 2007

The adoption of the concept of God is a major blocker to humans reaching their potential - scientifically, philosophically and behaviourally.

What a complete waste of life.
                    Issuing colonics by request.

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

I'm not religious and I don't believe in any gods, but there're times when I just wished there was someone out there to wave the magic wand or something.

Maybe it's something that springs from self-awareness and sentience. Sure we have all the scientific research or proof about human evolution, but that only explains the 'how.' We will always be saddled with the 'why:' Why us? Why this planet, just why are we here? And no theories of evolution can answer that.

I think humans just have the propensity to look to / for something bigger than themselves because at the end of the day, no matter what feats we've achieved as a race, we're still lost on a lump of rock floating through space.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• nick007
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Oct 2007

I was a policeman for 10 years, for 18 months during that time I was part of a team that investigated Occult Related Crimes. I saw some scary stuff! A 12 year old girl lift a 3 seater couch above her head, speak in a mans voice and ask me "can my christian god do this" A 18 year old girl manifest 27 different personalities in a matter of 2 hours speaking the worst disgusting filth against Jesus and God. Now why would these people not verbally abuse other gods or people? never once heard them speak against Mohomed, George Bush or Elvis.

I am no longer a practising christian being hurt by the people in my church a couple of years ago, but nothing can convince me otherwise that there is definately a spiritual realm/ parrallel universe where a war is being raged for each and every one of us.

Hell should never be a reason to commit to Christianity!

All religion is a choice and if it is forced down your throat, you will never understand the true value of it.

A brave choice of topic, because if there is a God and there is a Hell you in BIG trouble mate.

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

Originally posted by nick007
                          I saw some scary stuff! A 12 year old girl lift a 3 seater couch above her head, speak in a mans voice and ask me "can my christian god do this" A 18 year old girl manifest 27 different personalities in a matter of 2 hours speaking the worst disgusting filth against Jesus and God.

We need to start another thread about Ghosts imo
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                          Originally posted by ace_dl
                          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Kat
                            A pretty fn good milkshake
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by feather
                            I'm not religious and I don't believe in any gods, but there're times when I just wished there was someone out there to wave the magic wand or something.
                            there is - its your mind!
                            ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• AndyH
                              Platinum Poster
                              • May 2005

I dont believe in god or any religion and resent the fact that virtually all wars have been related to religion is some way. I do think that Buddhism has alot going for it and particuarly like that there is no 'god' to pray to or be scared of. It is more of a philosophy then a religion.
                              [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

Working...