• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: God

I hear CowardlyDj knocking........
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Kat
      A pretty fn good milkshake
      • Mar 2006

♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• nbpgt
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

more wars & death have occured in the name of religion than greed of humans 10x over. horrible

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

i feel cheated. i was thinking that this would be a thread on how awesome God and Jaysus is! and for once....i'm left without a need to explain, rationalize, or break an argument down...

well.... maybe i'll just leave a few good quotes to merry up the friday. And i'll pick from the bin I'm sure a few of you haven't looked in yet....

Where the cross has been planted only superstitions have grown.
          -L.K. Washburn

Sunday school: A prison where children do penance for the evil conscience of thier parents
          -H.L. Mencken

Let me use thier own terminology against them. They aborted a child in the 200th trimester.
          Dennis Miller
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• nbpgt
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

back in the day, it seems to me that religion was used to manipulate the masses by intimidation & to control those that couldnt think for themselves. & through greed or the needs of whoever is in power at the time, would distort the meanings behind the holy word to benefit them. my scepticism, the crazy fanaticals & several different branches or types of have kinda turned me off to the idea of religion as a whole. also find it funny how hypocritical the stiffist believers are & how they pick & choose things to follow or not follow to suit their needs.

Comment

• Yao
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

God hates my music so I hate him. Easy.
              Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Miguel
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Oct 2005

^^ yes, i think it was a method used by the powerfulls to control the masses and to keep'em poor.

the thing is , i think , we need to believe in something , so you belive the best story , or the one that most suits you

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  Anyone have Styx livesets?
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao
                  God hates my music so I hate him. Easy.
                  no wonder she hates you!
                  ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• beanzncheez
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                    i don't really believe in a god.
                    That would be a "God" in the sense that you are speaking.
                    am i really expected to believe that i was created two-thousand years ago while science proves that humans have been around for far longer?
                    Where in the Bible does it state that we were created two-thousand years ago? I've never read that before.

I think there is a God and I really couldn't tell you why. He sits up there watching and does not interfere and we're merely his entertainment. People that leave everything up to God are retarded but then that's why we have make believe countries like Canada.

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

No offense but I am sure glad the majority of the 6.5 billion of us do believe in "God", with over 30% claiming Christianity.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• beanzncheez
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by nbpgt
                        more wars & death have occured in the name of religion than greed of humans 10x over. horrible
                        War is a good thing. Less lines at the supermarket.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                          Vortexuralizor
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by beanzncheez
                          That would be a "God" in the sense that you are speaking.
                          Where in the Bible does it state that we were created two-thousand years ago? I've never read that before.
                          you're right, my math is off. whether it was 2,000 years ago or 10,000 years ago my point still stands. if we were "created" how did our creator know to give us things like the sense of smell. was someone making brownies while humans were "created" and decided hmm that smells nice i'll give humans the same sense?

ultimately i believe there are other planets out there with life forms - alien or human, whatever. seems like we are completely unevolved since all we do is kill one another and pay attention to idiots like britney spears and what color underwear she wore last week.

we are too simple and i just don't believe we are the only so-called "intelligent" beings in this universe.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                            Double hoodie beer monster
                            • Jun 2004

I wonder if God sits there all day pondering who created him and what his purpose is

I think it's funny that God thinks his purpose is to make everyone believe he's a god

Comment

• floridaorange
                              I'm merely a humble butler
                              • Dec 2005

you're right, my math is off. whether it was 2,000 years ago or 10,000 years ago my point still stands. if we were "created" how did our creator know to give us things like the sense of smell. was someone making brownies while humans were "created" and decided hmm that smells nice i'll give humans the same sense?

ultimately i believe there are other planets out there with life forms - alien or human, whatever. seems like we are completely unevolved since all we do is kill one another and pay attention to idiots like britney spears and what color underwear she wore last week.

we are too simple and i just don't believe we are the only so-called "intelligent" beings in this universe.
                              It is my opinion that we feel deeply about certain topics on MS such as rape, child mollestation, child abuse (stories of strangers by the way) because we humans were designed in God's image and were purposely wired that way. Try this, everyone you know including you have been through something difficult/painful, well you could use those lessons you have learned by helping another human, maybe one without a family or terminally ill at a hospital. Your homework is to go help someone as discussed and report back as to your view on God and what you think are the possibilities are.

Lastly, If you (anyone reading this) are someone who thinks about mollesting children you need to get help because you are definitely sick.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Jibgolly
                                Vortexuralizor
                                • Jun 2004

i take care of my 83 year old grandmother everyday.
                                feeding, cleaning up after her. does that count as "helping"

another thing, i don't think "god" gave us feelings per se. i think humans experience emotions based on their own belief system and generally care for one another without having to submit to a "belief in a god"

Comment

Working...