Another iTunes Con (Sharam's GU29 Dubai)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Another iTunes Con (Sharam's GU29 Dubai)

CLICK HERE

Sharam's GU29 Dubai, an album that has been referred to as "..a must have for any house music fan..", is back for sale on iTunes. After enjoying a 3 month slot in the iTunes Top 10 upon release, the compilation was removed from the store due to unforeseen digital rights issues. Now, after its eight week hiatus, the two disc instant classic is back with more music and new exclusive tracks in its iTunes rerelease. The new version features music from the likes of "Sarah Mcleod" and "Saul B. vs Leo Gerardi" as well as new music from "Max Graham", "Mark Knight" and "Jono Grant & Mike Koglin".

Does anyone else find this seriously annoying The CD release having a different TL to the iTunes Version. As far as I'm aware Renaissance Balance or Fabric don't seem to have this problem. So why does it keep happening with GU?
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Another iTunes Con (Sharam's GU29 Dubai)

cause GU is poorly run?

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

GU has a history of being edited. check the old releases.
      GU006 Sydney was released as GU001 on Thrive in america. not totally certain on my next point, but they would add/remove tracks on certain cd's. i cant remember which disc in particular but one of them had tracks missing on it compared to the original UK release.

iTunes is a cunt program anyway. i will never use it.

hope this doesn't help.

Comment

• scifi pi
        Addiction started
        • Oct 2004

Apple RULES.... and iTunes ROCKS!!!

Eat my shorts..

"Man, Oliver is fucking it up on the turntables right now!"

- Kevin Rockwell, April 2007

Note: I was passed it another bedroom (and I haven't spun in front of a crowd like in 12 years). Steve James is rocking the house for a 6-hour marathon set and K-Rock was on shrooms. Gotta love Thunderstorms and all weekend birthday parties (and those damn brownies with Jack Daniels).

Comment

• Shpira
          Angry Boy Child
          • Oct 2006

This is a SHIT album...one of the worst recent GU releses so who cares!!! If someone on the other hand does...write to GU and complain...maybe you and everyone else who already paid for this SHIT album will get the updated and more likely than not an even worse version.
          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• diegoff
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

very good GU, I love it. Nice house selection, some classic kind of house. kick, bass and vocals
            It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
            Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
            May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• Who?
              Getting warmed up
              • May 2007

I saw a reply by someone on the GU board on this same issue... They said something to the fact that certain songs' labels have certain downloading restrictions for their music and therefore 'replacement' songs have to be added in. Think US version of Nocturnal Frequencies 3, just in digital form. So it's not necessarily that GU, Renaissance are releasing separate cd & digital mixes - just that the labels whose songs the dj is wanting to use won't allow their song to be d/l. (Is what I gathered he was trying to say)

Comment

• AntonyM
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2004

Completely strange
                yet totally unaffected.
                Originally posted by Shpira
                So came back last night...
                Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                Originally posted by Illuminate
                Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• chunky
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Who?
                  I saw a reply by someone on the GU board on this same issue... They said something to the fact that certain songs' labels have certain downloading restrictions for their music and therefore 'replacement' songs have to be added in.
                  Renaissance don't have this problem on any of their releases. GU have had it on 3 of the last 4 GU releases. But i wouldn't be surprised if an iTunes version with different tracks is re released in a few months time.

Comment

• chunky
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Shpira
                    This is a SHIT album...one of the worst recent GU releses so who cares!!!
                    Sasha's Involver 2 is due out soon. Will we get 2 different versions of that? When Invover was released GU released a 2nd limited Edition about 2 months after the first limited edition was released

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                      Not cool enough
                      • Jun 2004

I used to think it was a shit release too. But then I really got down to listening to it and now believe it's a pretty awesome set of cd's. Maybe I say this because of my jaunts into production and the quality of productions on this set are really good.
                      Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                      My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                      My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...