• Jun 2004

cool. thanks.

http://soundcloud.com/simonpreston/simon-preston-summer-2011

Comment

• asdf_admin
      i use to be important
      • Jun 2004

... that is how it is done.

beautiful. good job d-town. you guys worked hard for this one.

ps. you guys hear Fisher's words after the game? mad respect for that guy.
      dead, yet alive.

Comment

• HoneyBearKelly
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

Whoever had the Pistons in 5....you're a liar!

Good job Motown
        Cat formerly known as Cheshire
        *cue imperial death march"

Comment

• Platinum
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

Detroit / Windsor must have been a great place to be last night as it usually is when one of the sports teams wins anything... Lakers got shown how to play the game by a better team, and maybe the Lakers can take notes on how to play Defense for next time... oh wait, the Lakers will probably have no next time since their "all star wash up" squad is done :cry: ... it was a great night last night for good old fashioned basketball wasnt it... i just wish the Lakers were swept and didnt get so damn lucky in the 2nd game... thanks to Jack Nicholson for heading up to the D to watch a real team play! cheers...
          Enjoy

Comment

• Civic_Zen
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

I dont really like basketball but this made me very happy any way.
            "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
            "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
            - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• MJDub
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

THAT'S NOT A FUCKING FOUL!!
              http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Pierre Le Tuat
                Fresh Peossy
                • Jun 2004

It's nice to see such sportsmanship among the fans of Detroit. Hating a sports team is like getting angry on the web. It doesn't make any sense at all. You can have a rivalry but to actually hate someone or a group of people? That's like going to a hip hop party and expecting to see Chinese acrobats.
                Oh Canada!

Comment

• asdf_admin
                  i use to be important
                  • Jun 2004

It's nice to see such sportsmanship among the fans of Detroit. Hating a sports team is like getting angry on the web. It doesn't make any sense at all. You can have a rivalry but to actually hate someone or a group of people? That's like going to a hip hop party and expecting to see Chinese acrobats.
                  OMG. It is sports my friend ... not a human race. I hate the Lakers too ... I only remember six minutes of one game. You are allowed to hate them. And frankly you should. It's like voting for the Commies to win. Come on ... you can not like them. :wink:

/note. the is about having passion for a game or team. I really think that no one honestly "hates" the Lakers ... It could be close but there is still respect for a players given effort and talent. words.
                  dead, yet alive.

Comment

• runningman
                    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                    • Jun 2004

i told u. pistons were to big for the lakers and way to fast!!! :P

Comment

• Civic_Zen
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by asdf_admin
                      OMG. It is sports my friend ... not a human race. I hate the Lakers too ... I only remember six minutes of one game. You are allowed to hate them. And frankly you should. It's like voting for the Commies to win. Come on ... you can not like them. :wink:

/note. the is about having passion for a game or team. I really think that no one honestly "hates" the Lakers ... It could be close but there is still respect for a players given effort and talent. words.
                      I agree. I don't like baseball either but I hope the Yankee's lose any time they are in the world series or something. There are just teams you love to hate because they think they are the "best" when that isn't always the case.

Plus - there is all the followers that only root for a team if they are winning, I hate fair weather fans, and I hate the ones that just follow the "best" teams just as much. Now watch. All the Lakers fans will start dwindling because now they suck.

Good job Detroit.
                      "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
                      "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
                      - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Pierre Le Tuat
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by asdf_admin

I understand it's sports and I understand that people are just plain stupid. You could take the doorknob and the hinges off of a door and people would still think that they are trapped inside. I just think its shows just how stupid people are when they hate a team for having such a great history in the sport. I for one like the communist party and think that it should be brought to the US. Then we wouldn't have so many fairies trying to act tough around here.
                        Oh Canada!

Comment

• MJDub
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

^^^ WTF Mate?
                          http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• brakada
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Civic_Zen
                            I agree. I don't like baseball either but I hope the Yankee's lose any time they are in the world series or something. There are just teams you love to hate because they think they are the "best" when that isn't always the case.
                            agreed. I usually support the worse or the weaker team and that's just because there are so many overpaid teams (in all sports) , who think they are the best just because they have the most expensive team members, while I respect some of the weaker teams because they really leave their heart in the "field" or on the playground.
                            We shall boldly dance, where no man has danced before..."

Comment

• asdf_admin
                              i use to be important
                              • Jun 2004

I understand it's sports and I understand that people are just plain stupid. You could take the doorknob and the hinges off of a door and people would still think that they are trapped inside. I just think its shows just how stupid people are when they hate a team for having such a great history in the sport. I for one like the communist party and think that it should be brought to the US. Then we wouldn't have so many fairies trying to act tough around here.
                              you are entitled to your view. but you are also taking it very seriously. do not get me wrong, if someone was killed or hurt because of this ... well that is just outrageous (bad). Here is America we are allowed to believe and think what we want. As long as it does not cause physical harm, and in some cases mental. so that is the beauty of USA. I am going to continue hating the Lakers. They will never be friends of mine, nor will I ever shake their hand. Now, if they get on board my team. Well, shit happens. :wink:
                              dead, yet alive.

Comment

• maddlingo
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jun 2004

I'm not too found of Detroit, but congratulations are in order for the Pistons. It's always nice to see the underdog win.
                                "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

Working...