Do people make fun of you for listening to edm?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Re: Do people make fun of you for listening to edm?

I just laugh a lot and go about my day.
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• Kiff
      Getting Somewhere
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by clintlove
      For as long as I've liked edm people have teased me about it. Hardcore too, I mean some of my friends just don't let up about it. I've got a few good friends who are just as heavy into edm as myself, but the majority of them haven't a clue. I figure they just don't understand the beauty of our music. Most of what they hear is cheesy workout trance or some lame tune on a car commercial and they think all edm sounds that way. Even still, people like that would never take the time to listen and try to decipher our music from that rubish. I actually feel sorry for people who musical tastes are limited to what they hear on the radio or MTV. Anyway, I ask you all this after getting ganged up on at work by my co-workers all chanting their version of a techno tune, "Dun da da duh da, dun da da duh da, dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (the breakdown) dun dun dun, dun da da duh da."

Hey now, I don't tease you about it. Maybe about breaking that bottle on the table during that domino game at the old camp..... Say hi to the missus for me too..
      “Only those who attempt the absurd...will achieve the impossible. I think...I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check.” - MC Escher

Comment

• unkownartist
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

all the time but tbh it doesnt bother me anymore

edit: this post is last years

Comment

• simonr
          Transitionator
          • Jun 2004

They don't make fun of me, but it definately raises a few eyebrowes.

Then I ask what type of music they listen to/what artists they like & end up feeling sorry for them based on their their poor to appalling taste !
          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• BureOne
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

no, they just make fun of themselves for calling what listen to.. "techno".. fucking morons!

Comment

• clintlove
              Hey girl, ya Hungry?
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kiff
              Hey now, I don't tease you about it. Maybe about breaking that bottle on the table during that domino game at the old camp..... Say hi to the missus for me too..

Awe, thanks puddin. I need to make my way to a-town soon.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• |Thrax|
                Platinum Poster
                • Mar 2007

its ok, i dont give a fuck what people think anymore.

i'm listening to daniel bell in my office.

This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
                Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• Bender420
                  Tickle me Elmo!
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by clintlove
                  For as long as I've liked edm people have teased me about it. Hardcore too, I mean some of my friends just don't let up about it. I've got a few good friends who are just as heavy into edm as myself, but the majority of them haven't a clue. I figure they just don't understand the beauty of our music. Most of what they hear is cheesy workout trance or some lame tune on a car commercial and they think all edm sounds that way. Even still, people like that would never take the time to listen and try to decipher our music from that rubish. I actually feel sorry for people who musical tastes are limited to what they hear on the radio or MTV. Anyway, I ask you all this after getting ganged up on at work by my co-workers all chanting their version of a techno tune, "Dun da da duh da, dun da da duh da, dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (the breakdown) dun dun dun, dun da da duh da."

i love that track! but seriously, i make fun of you because your fat!
                  Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• superdave
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

I usually don't bring it up to people at work at all except for the few who actually like EDM too. The EDM haters see it only as music for raves and all night ecstasy parties. Over the years, I found it better to avoid this issue with co-workers.
                    Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Shiva
                      MCast Mistress
                      • Nov 2007

As long as my ears are satisfied...I don't really care what people think or say about my music.

Actually in the modeling industry most of them like the beats and grooves of progressive sound...and if they don't like it, well I just play it LOUDER!

Comment

• DARKBEATS
                        Getting warmed up
                        • Dec 2007

Since not everyone understands house music and hence its a spiritual thing , a body thing , a soul thing , here comes the different tastes of appreciating such genres , where lately the EDM ( Electronic Dance Music ) is conquering the music industry . Back to my knowledge , its a TASTE and everyone has his own SALIVA !
                        Keep this EDM going ....
                        No matter what u may think , the music would never stop , the heart beat will never fade , the party will never End... We are the party and this is our Manphesto

Comment

• TomTom
                          Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                          • May 2002

Originally posted by DARKBEATS
                          []...Since not everyone understands house music and hence its a spiritual thing , a body thing , a soul thing...[]
                          Did you pay royalties to Eddie Amador for this quote?

This is always the funny part when I get to know people at work and topic changes to music tastes. The majority of people around me @ work are older than 30 and all hear the usual stuff..radio pop and mainstream music. Their reaction when I tell them I listen to all sorts of EDM but mainly progressive is always entertaining....most have zero clue what I am talking about and only know "Techno" as the single genre of EDM and for them it represents Music from Hell for Drug addicted kids. Others risk their neck with careless talk. For some this comes pretty unexpected obviously and most can't categorize it and I love to see the doubt creases on their faces when they try to say something nice though they think WHOA.

Comment

• DARKBEATS
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Dec 2007

True said TOM !
                            The maturity kicks the majority Hell ya , Progressive rocks ...
                            No matter what u may think , the music would never stop , the heart beat will never fade , the party will never End... We are the party and this is our Manphesto

Comment

• Steve Graham
                              DJ Jelly
                              • Jun 2004

make fun of me? lol
                              yeah, they beat me up and steal my milk money too.. ffs

Comment

• Dhar_2
                                meat and potatoes
                                • Jun 2004

^ i cant understand why!!!

u seem like such a nice guy!!!

Comment

Working...