X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: What the hell??

lmao your mother forced you to watch them ? are you half indian or something ?

If you want to watch a kick ass Bollywood movie, watch "Apharan" (Kidnapped). This movie has been in my top spot for over a year now. No running around the trees singing songs. Straight up corrupt politics and revenue generation through ransom kidnappings. Mad fucking movie.
    Last edited by Kamal; November 8, 2007, 08:39:16 AM.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
      • Jun 2004

^^^ Kamal - I'd be really interested to hear some more recommendations off you. I've been meaning to check out some good Bollywood productions for a long time now but just don't know where to start with it all. Anything you can pass on would be great. I don't mind a love story, as long as it has a good story to it.
      "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

I'm not too into the lovey dovey bollywood movies but I did recently watch a remake of an old old indian movie called "Umrao Jaan". Its' apparently based on a true story of a high classed hooker who was kidnapped when she was very young and sold as a child to a Madam. People who have seen both versions say the original is better than the remake but I LOVED the remake (even the songs).

As for the bollywood movies I'm really into are the ones about the Bombay underground. Movies like "Company", "Vaastav" (the main actor won an award for this movie), "Black Friday" (which is based on the true story of the 1993 bomb blasts in Bombay), "Sarkaar", and "Sehar" (which is not based on Bollywood Underground but is a good action flick), "Yuva" (this one is a must watch, the lead actor plays a psychotic North Indian Gangster full of rage, insane) are some other good ones.

Another good one is "Om Kaara" (based on Othello). The movie has some of the top actors from Bollywood in it and IIRC two of them won awards for the movie. This one is different because the movie plays itself out in Rajhastan, a desert state in North West India and so the Lingo and accent (if you understand Hindi) was fascinating to me.

But before you catch any of the ones above, defo watch "Apharan" (Kidnapped). I just can't get over how many fucking twists are in that movie until the end. Mind you its about 3 hours long but you will NOT be able to move from your seat from the time you hit "Play"
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Dhar_2
          meat and potatoes
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
          lmao your mother forced you to watch them ? are you half indian or something ?
          i'm 100% indian! but English born and living in Italy. Just to make life interesting!

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

good to know. I shoulda caught onto the name "Dhar". I knew a few Dhar's back home. Vivek Dhar is the first that comes to mind (dont know you have any distant cousin's in India)
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
              • Jun 2004

Kamal, thanks for the suggestions mate. Some of those movies sound tops, I'll check them out and report back. Just have to try and find them now!

Recently I've seen 2 attempts on australian tv to portray Bollywood, one was on big brother, the other was on dancing with the stars.

In both cases they had to put on a Bollywood style show.

In both cases it was done so shockingly bad it made me want to throw up violently. But I've read descriptions about some of the productions similar to how you put it and it makes me wanna check it out properly.
              "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

Working...