X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scifi pi
    Addiction started
    • Oct 2004

Re: Shootings at Carl Cox / Red Noise Festival - Caracas

There's a Gun Fair this weekend. Anyone want to go? Maybe we can set-up up some turntables and CDJ's? Anyone want to spin some techno?

Comment

• poults
      Platinum Poster
      • Nov 2006

Prick.
      Its a pity you werent one of the people there that got shot.
      Originally posted by Hoff

ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!! thankyou

Comment

• emuler
        I'm Ignorant.... so sue me!!
        • May 2007

Originally posted by 88Mariner
        man that's nuts. Venezuela....
        yeah worse things happen with edited at clubs in the US so don't come up with that shit

yeah thats really sad, probably some drug lord in the club, if only Americans would stop their drug consumption.
        Last edited by Kamal; November 6, 2007, 07:03:28 PM.

Comment

• day_for_night
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by emuler
          yeah thats really sad, probably some drug lord in the club, if only Americans would stop their drug consumption.
          yes, cause its only americans who consume drugs

Comment

• emuler
            I'm Ignorant.... so sue me!!
            • May 2007

Originally posted by day_for_night
            yes, cause its only americans who consume drugs
            my mistake AND CANADA.

Comment

• clintlove
              Hey girl, ya Hungry?
              • Jun 2004

yeah worse things happen with edited at clubs in the US so don't come up with that shit

Ooohh! You said the "n" word.
              Last edited by Kamal; November 6, 2007, 07:16:44 PM.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• clintlove
                Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by scifi pi
                There's a Gun Fair this weekend. Anyone want to go? Maybe we can set-up up some turntables and CDJ's? Anyone want to spin some techno?
                If you could calm down for a second and realize that this thread is about people dying in our edm scene due to gun violence, that would be greatly appreciated by everyone posting in this thread. These comments you're making are not cool and just might get you banned.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• day_for_night
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

my mistake AND CANADA.

and europe and asia...

Comment

• chanty
                    John, John, where art thou!
                    • Jun 2004

What's with the newbies with the bad attitudes? Peace people!!! If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
                    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• ecpolonyc
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

Apparently this isn't the first time its happened in Venezuela. Hopefully promoters/clubs will do a better job with security from now on. Now more excuses.

Chaos on the dancefloor in Venezuela this weekend as a gunman opens fire at a packed Caracas dance party.

Chaos on the dancefloor in Venezuela this weekend as a gunman opens fire at a packed Caracas dance party.

Four people have been confirmed dead and five injured in the shooting incident, which occurred on Saturday night at Network Noise, an electronic event held at La Rinconada Terrace in Caracas, Venezuela.

The shooting occurred at 1.30 a.m. at the beginning of Carl Cox’s set. A VJ videoing Cox’s set, who managed to capture the incident on video, described the event on the website VJ Forums: “Last night, fifteen meters from me when Carl Cox started his show and ten minutes into it someone started to shoot everyone. It sounded like firecrackers. It was so fast I didn't think was a gun. Everybody started to run like crazy.”

“I was in the main, doing my visuals and filming the show. I just grabbed the camera and started to film everything what was going on.”

The VJ describes seeing “Three dead bodies on the floor, a young guy, a woman and a man. The husband of the woman was shot as well in the leg. Several other people were as well but they managed to run.”

The names of three of the dead have been released. Vanesa Andreína Blanco Nieves (24), José Salvador Rodríguez Rodríguez (42) and Jonathan Gerardo Valero Gómez (20) died in the incident. The identity of the fourth victim, a 30-year-old male, has not been disclosed.

Five injured partygoers are also reported to be in intensive care.

Caracas radio Onda 107.9 reported today that the incident was gang related, with rival groups clashing over the sale of ecstasy.

Organisers Pacific Producciones have come under criticism in Spanish-language forums for lax security. “Everybody could carry anything in. The security company hired a bunch of kids,” wrote one anonymous poster.

The party was also unusually large by Caracas standards with 7,000 people in attendance. Unlike many sponsored events in Venezuela, the event was ticketed, meaning that security on the door allowed entry to all ticket holders.

Carl Cox issued a statement about the shooting via his website. “I am deeply shocked and still stunned by the events of Saturday. My condolences go out to victims that were caught up in the horrific act that took place at this gig, and also their families. I am informed that it was gang related, and feel so sad that anybody would act in such a manner when the event was full of 7,000 people having fun.”

“This is NOT what the dance scene is about and is a million miles away from what I want to do or promote,” added Cox.

The incident follows a number of gun incidents at Venezuelan dance parties, including shootings at a Mauro Picotto gig in 2002 and a Chris Liberator event in 2004.

Local organizers expressed concern that violent incidents such as these might discourage international talent from coming to Venezuela.
                      Facebook
                      Soundcloud
                      Resident Advisor
                      ------------------------------

Comment

• DJJEFFJONES
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Nov 2005

Isn't that the same event?
                        http://www.idgafclothing.com

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

emuler, final warning, another racial slur out of you and thats it boss. pls do not post in here saying you weren't given a fair chance. You have been and this is it.....
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                          Originally posted by ace_dl
                          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Miroslav
                            WHOA I can change this!1!
                            • Apr 2006

What is this, the thread where all the douchebags of [ms] rear their ugly heads at once?? I'm getting sick of this...

It's ironic that you infer this point about being fair to the Venezuelans, considering that in every post I recall from you, you're always bashing the whole of America.

The fact that you seem to continually insist on painting millions of people with your broad, negative stereotypes suggests that you might not be very intelligent. The fact that you used that derogatory word to categorize all blacks who go to clubs in the US also suggests that you just might be a racist. Congrats, your mom must be proud of how you turned out.
                            mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• ecpolonyc
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DJJEFFJONES
                              Isn't that the same event?
                              Yes it is. Just giving an updated article.
                              Facebook
                              Soundcloud
                              Resident Advisor
                              ------------------------------

Comment

• Jenks
                                I'm kind of a big deal.
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
                                What is this, the thread where all the douchebags of [ms] rear their ugly heads at once?? I'm getting sick of this...

It's ironic that you infer this point about being fair to the Venezuelans, considering that in every post I recall from you, you're always bashing the whole of America.

The fact that you seem to continually insist on painting millions of people with your broad, negative stereotypes suggests that you might not be very intelligent. The fact that you used that derogatory word to categorize all blacks who go to clubs in the US also suggests that you just might be a racist. Congrats, your mom must be proud of how you turned out.
                                spot on Miroslav.

Comment

Working...