X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andpress
    Fresh Peossy
    • Nov 2007

Skylark - 'i-Panik' - OUT NOW

Skylark is Nic Fanciulli and Andy Chatterley. The pair have been working together for almost 10 years and their credentials are impressive. Earlier this year they were nominated for a Grammy (yes that’s right – A GRAMMY!) under their Buick Project moniker, for their remix of Tiefschwarz’s ‘Damage’ collaboration with Tracy Thorn and together have released over 20 remixes and original productions.

Their debut artist album ‘i-Panik’ is something Nic and Andy have been meaning to get round to for some time, however, the success of 2004’s ‘That’s More Like it’ saw the electronic act inundated with remix requests from the likes of Kylie through to Deep Dish. And when Nic also jokes “we are both very random so we never really know what we are gonna do until the day we decide.” You can kind of see why it’s taken until now to get this release out.

Although, patience, they say is a virtue and playing the waiting game here has certainly paid off. The result is 14 tracks ranging from West Coast-esque house to intelligent, melodic proggy sound scapes - there is not one filler on the entire album. Its beauty lies in its versatility - It works in the club, car, after party…Parts of it make you want to dance, part of it makes you want to listen. All of it is a brilliant show case of how insightful electronic music can be and should be in today’s world.

The way in which Skylark have decided to release this album is as forward thinking as the music itself. Put out on their own label Saved and available only digitally, in its entirety initially it follows the current trend for acts to shun the traditional release pattern a la Radiohead and do things their own way. In a second wave to follow next year the album will be released as a physical product complete with a second disc of remixes, coming from acts invited by Nic and Andy.

01. Information
    02. i-Panik
    03. Movin'
    04. Look No Hands
    05. Who Cares
    06. Lightning Strikes
    07. Inter Later
    08. Red
    09. Blocked In
    10. All I See
    11. Escalator
    12. Twilight
    13. Saved
    14. Closer

Top tip for 2008? Get to know this album well – as live Skylark shows are planned for next year complete with mind-blowing visuals.

Additional info:

Nic has had a record breaking year with his One+One alliance with James Zabiela and feels this album is the perfect way to celebrate 2007. “I’ve had the best year of my life with music. The tour with James was inspirational and fun. This just puts together all the pieces as Andy and I have been working together for so long.”

Andy adds “Having done this artist album, I want to record more artist albums now, it’s amazing. It’s challenging and you get to put much more creativity into it and it’s a longer and more sustained intense creative period.”

The pair are committed to Skylark but still maintain time for their other ventures;

Andy has an Internet Music TV company - www.Liveroom.tv, is producer for other artists such as The Pussy Cat Dolls, Siobhan Fahey and is a song writer for Universal Music Publishing. Andy also remixes and produces as The Droyds and Edison remixing the likes of Blondie, Muse, Justice V Simian (Essential New Tune 2006), Nerina Pallot (Essential New Tune 2007) amongst other.

He also been working with Kanye West played synths on his album ‘Graduation’ including the Daft Punk sampled ‘Stronger’.

A shy talent in his early days, Nic has developed into a modest global superstar. Production wise he is something of a mastermind. From Essential new tune ‘That’s More Like It’ (as Skylark) three years ago to the more recent sublime acid houser’s ‘Lucky Heather / Cat Out of the Bag’, he has a catalogue of productions under his belt already.

Nic has also remixed for the likes of Kylie Minogue, Timo Maas, Tiefschwarz and Underworld amongst others. His critically acclaimed albums for Renaissance and Ministry of Sound show he’s at home in the studio, with new material coming all the time.

www.myspace.com/nicfanciulli / www.myspace.com/edisonuk / www.myspace.com/andychatterley

For any Saved enquiries contact mike at andpress.co.uk
    Last edited by andpress; November 5, 2007, 02:49:36 PM.
  • andpress
    Fresh Peossy
    • Nov 2007

Re: Skylark - 'i-Panik' - OUT NOW

bumpity

Comment

• kukumelo
      Fresh Peossy
      • Jan 2008

Re: Skylark - 'i-Panik' - OUT NOW

many thanks

Comment