X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrackedSun
    Getting Somewhere
    • Sep 2004

new version of AIM

kinda random, but i got the new AIM today, and it totally crashed everytime i open an IM window. I had to downgrade to get it to work. I don't believe it's my OS. Anyone else encountered any problems??
    I kno...AIM question is definitly lame...flame away
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

I use Trillian... it's pretty cool, never had any problems with it. It combines AIM, Yahoo, MSN, IRC, and ICQ all in one instant-messenger-like skinnable interface. All contacts from all mediums are visible in the same list. It's pretty sweet man, if you use more than AIM (I use AIM and Yahoo) then you should check it out.

Note that Yahoo hates Trillian, so they periodically update their services to prevent it from working... Trillian is always on top of it though, and releases patches very soon after to bypass Yahoo's protections.

Comment

• anthony
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Re: new version of AIM

i had the same problem. i uninstalled it and reinstalled the normal version w/out the extra side bar. only another reason why i will never use aol as in ip. only reason i have im is for work. it's mandatory.

Comment

• pimpmcknight
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jul 2004

Had the same problem happen to me. Everytime I tried to IM somebody AIM would crash. I just deleted and reinstalled an earlier version. Good luck...
        Gooch...

Comment

• Jibgolly
          Vortexuralizor
          • Jun 2004

i use msn and it's a winner everytime!

Comment

• palmer
            Retired or Simply Important
            • Jun 2004

I use aim with deadaim and I think its fucking sweet. I upgraded my computer at home to the newest version and it got completely fucked up. So its not you. I've tried trillian a few times I don't know I don't really like it.... there is gaim out there as another alternative.
            todayistomorrow
            art direction | design | animation

Comment

• FM
              Wooooooo!
              • Jun 2004

deadaim sometimes doesn't like the newest versions of AIM...and vice versa.

Try a clean install of AIM, then DeadAIM if you have it...if not, downgrading one version won't kill you...most updates are little things anyway that most people won't use...
              FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
              "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
              Facebook!
              A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

Working...