X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3hitsaday
    Getting warmed up
    • Jun 2004

my naive reviews of some stuff i've been hearing recently

just a few quick notes i'd like to share and see who all is in agreeance - although i'm sure i'll find many people telling me to fuck off or read more posts for now on than i do-

but onto some stuff i've been hearing recently -

Layo & Bushwacka GU discs - absolute crap. Probably my least favorite GU i've heard. Went nowhere for me. Even Adam Freelands which i wasnt impressed with was better. Lets hope we can get someone like Yunus or Burridge to do a proper one next..

Digweed essential mix from Manchester - how great is this mix. totally different sound that when i last saw him in Bonnaroo -

his bonnaroo sound was best captured w/ Transitions 3 which i heard for the 1st time today and its right on proper. this Transitions series keeps getting better and better since the 1st.

Radiohead - In Rainbows : another band that just never ceases to amaze me w/ everything they do. Dark and deep and taking their great sound one step further in a great direction.
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: my naive reviews of some stuff i've been hearing recently

Originally posted by 3hitsaday
    Radiohead - In Rainbows : another band that just never ceases to amaze me w/ everything they do. Dark and deep and taking their great sound one step further in a great direction.
    good cd.. but only 45 minutes? what the fuck... you know they went through tons of different songs and loads of unreleased stuff... fill a fuckin cd for christs sake... /rant over
    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• day_for_night
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

^
      |
      there is a whole other cd of music available with the discbox that you can order, so you may want to give those tracks a listen too when it comes out

CD 2
      MK 1
      DOWN IS THE NEW UP
      GO SLOWLY
      MK 2
      LAST FLOWERS
      UP ON THE LADDER
      BANGERS AND MASH
      4 MINUTE WARNING

edit: i think if you preorder the discbox you can download the songs. i'm sure you might be able to find them on a filesharing network too, but downloading radiohead for free is bad, mmkay?

Comment

• fisheye
        Addiction started
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by 3hitsaday

Digweed essential mix from Manchester - how great is this mix. totally different sound that when i last saw him in Bonnaroo -
        I don't want to sound like a Sasha basher (which I definitely am not) but this mix clearly shows how much more engaging Diggerz currently is as a DJ in terms of programming, sequencing and the actual mixing of the tracks compared to some recent Sasha sets (Metrophonic included)

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by fisheye
          I don't want to sound like a Sasha basher (which I definitely am not) but this mix clearly shows how much more engaging Diggerz currently is as a DJ in terms of programming, sequencing and the actual mixing of the tracks compared to some recent Sasha sets (Metrophonic included)
          x2.

Except for that studio Thank You mix that Sasha did, IIRC. That actually sounded like some thought went into the mix as opposed to banging a few hi-energy tracks together.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• shano
            Fresh Peossy
            • Nov 2007

'I don't want to sound like a Sasha basher (which I definitely am not) but this mix clearly shows how much more engaging Diggerz currently is as a DJ in terms of programming, sequencing and the actual mixing of the tracks compared to some recent Sasha sets (Metrophonic included)'

^^^ seen sasha a month ago and he was the best ive seen him in years. programming was as usual on the ball and some of the tracks he played was like nothing iv heard him play before..

havent seen or heard diggers in over a year.. looking forward to this new trans 3 mix

Comment

Working...