Clear All
  • Bululu
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

What is going on this planet?????

Man 'marries' dog to beat curse

The "bride" wore a sari and a garland.

Enlarge Image

An Indian man has "married" a female dog, hoping the move will help atone for stoning two other dogs to death.
    P Selvakumar, 33, said he had been cursed since the killings, suffering paralysis and a loss of hearing.
    The wedding took place at a Hindu temple in Tamil Nadu state. The "bride" wore an orange sari with a flower garland and was fed a bun to celebrate.
    Superstitious people in rural India sometimes organise weddings to animals in the hope of warding off curses.
    'Tried every cure'
    Crowds cheered the newly-weds at the end of the ceremony in Sivaganga district, about 50km (30 miles) east of the city of Madurai.
    The "bride", who is called Selvi, was led to the temple in Manamudurai wearing a sari before vows were exchanged in a traditional Hindu ceremony.
    A relative of the groom who attended the wedding said he hoped Mr Selvakumar would now be cured.
    "Fifteen years back Selvakumar was physically fit. But, once he attacked a pair of dogs and thereafter Kumar could not move his limbs freely," the relative, Ramu, told the BBC. "He tried every cure for his ailment but could not be rid of his disability. "On the advice of an astrologer and others, he decided to marry a bitch to get cured. Then we arranged Selvakumar's marriage with a bitch."
  • Bululu
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: What is going on this planet?????

Sudan man forced to 'marry' goat

A Sudanese man has been forced to take a goat as his "wife", after he was caught having sex with the animal.
    The goat's owner, Mr Alifi, said he surprised the man with his goat and took him to a council of elders.
    They ordered the man, Mr Tombe, to pay a dowry of 15,000 Sudanese dinars ($50) to Mr Alifi.
    "We have given him the goat, and as far as we know they are still together," Mr Alifi said.
    Mr Alifi, of Hai Malakal in Upper Nile State, told the Juba Post newspaper that he heard a loud noise around midnight on 13 February and immediately rushed outside to find Mr Tombe with his goat.
    "When I asked him: 'What are you doing there?', he fell off the back of the goat, so I captured and tied him up." Mr Alifi then called elders to decide how to deal with the case. "They said I should not take him to the police, but rather let him pay a dowry for my goat because he used it as his wife," Mr Alifi told the newspaper.

Comment

• Limietaru
      Fresh Peossy
      • Nov 2007

Re: What is going on this planet?????

We have given him the goat, and as far as we know they are still together

Priceless

Comment

Working...