Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plexipr
    Gold Gabber
    • Apr 2005

PAUL OAKENFOLD 'Greatest Hits & Remixes' @ Pacha - Thanksgiving Night - Nov 22

Made Event presents the trailblazing pioneer and superstar DJ PAUL OAKENFOLD for a very special Thanksgiving Night at Pacha NYC on Thursday, November 22, 2007.

The name PAUL OAKENFOLD is synonymous with forward-thinking, cutting-edge electronic music. Few artists in any genre will ever have the degree of influence, power and creative flexibility that his undeniable force has had within the electronic realm. Ultra Records is proud to collaborate with this pioneer and his Perfecto label for the October 23 release of Greatest Hits & Remixes, a 20-selection strong collection of his seminal dance recordings and remixes.

Paul Oakenfold’s Greatest Hits & Remixes celebrates the career of an artist whose combined releases have totaled almost two million in sales in the U.S. alone. Its track listing ranges from original productions such as his massive singles “Starry Eyed Surprise” as featured in a Diet Coke ad and “Ready Steady Go” from his debut artist album Bunkka to “Faster Kill Pussycat” featuring Brittany Murphy from its follow up A Lively Mind. In addition, there are remixes galore of artists like Justin Timberlake, Madonna, The Smashing Pumpkins and Underworld and soundtrack pieces such as David Arnold’s James Bond Theme from the motion picture Die Another Day and Oakenfold’s “Dread Rock” from Matrix Reloaded. Greatest Hits & Remixes also includes four brand-new exclusive remakes of Radiohead’s “Everything In Its Right Place,” Oakenfold’s “Southern Sun,” Everything But The Girl’s “Missing” and Mark Ronson featuring Daniel Merriweather’s “Stop Me.”

A deluxe edition of Greatest Hits & Remixes will be made available on the same day and will include a bonus DVD featuring 20-minutes of live concert footage and a documentary about the life and times of the world’s defining DJ/Producer. Filmed in Ibiza, London and Los Angeles, the 13-minute film gives fans a peek at the Grammy-nominated artists’ world including a private tour of the Chelsea soccer stadium in the U.K., his villa in exotic Ibiza and life at home in Los Angeles. Friends, business associates and family are also interviewed in the piece, providing a close look at what makes Paul Oakenfold tick.

From scoring the movie Swordfish, to working with the Boston Pops Orchestra, to holding the claim in the Guinness Book of World Records as the World’s most popular DJ, Paul has never slowed, never wavered, and continues to break new ground and be at the forefront of not only electronica but the music industry itself. Prior to becoming a world famous DJ and producer, Oakenfold served as an A&R consultant for Profile Records and Def Jam, where he signed artists including Salt N’ Pepa, DJ Jazzy Jeff and Will Smith.

Thursday, November 22nd
    Made Event presents
    Perfecto featuring

PAUL OAKENFOLD
    With Sandra Collins and Kenneth Thomas
    Thanksgiving Night

PACHA NEW YORK
    618 West 46th St
    New York, NY 10036
    For VIP Table Service: 212.209.7500
    Doors open at 10PM, 18+ with Valid I.D.
    $30 Advance Tickets www.ticketweb.com while supplies last
    www.pachanyc.com

Tickets also available at
    Rebel Rebel 319 Bowery, NYC 212.989. 0770
    Dancetracks, 91 E 3rd St NYC 212.260.8729
    Event Info 917.723.9381

PAUL OAKENFOLD’s Greatest Hits & Remixes tracklisting:

1. Oakenfold - Starry Eyed Surprise
    2. Happy Mondays * Step On (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
    3. Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy (Perfecto Mix)
    4. Mark Ronson featuring Daniel Merriweather - Stop Me (Exclusive New
    Oakenfold 2008 Remix)
    5. Justin Timberlake Featuring T.I. - My Love (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
    6. The Smashing Pumpkins - Perfect (Perfecto Mix)
    7. Dirty Vegas - Days Go By (Paul Oakenfold Remix * Vocal)
    8. Oakenfold * Ready Steady Go
    9. David Arnold * James Bond Theme (from the motion picture DIE ANOTHER DAY)
    (Oakenfold Mix)
    10. Oakenfold * Dread Rock
    11. Paul Oakenfold presents Afrika Bambaataa & The Soulsonic Force -* Planet
    Rock
    12. Olive - You're Not Alone (Oakenfold & Osborne Remix)
    13. Oakenfold feat. Brittany Murphy - Faster Kill Pussycat
    14. Radiohead - Everything In Its Right Place (Exclusive New Oakenfold 2008
    Remix)
    15. Madonna - Sorry (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
    16. U2 - Beautiful Day (The Perfecto Mix)
    17. Oakenfold - Southern Sun (Exclusive New Oakenfold 2008 Remix)
    18. Everything But The Girl * Missing (Exclusive New Oakenfold 2008 Remix)
    19. Hans Zimmer * Jack Theme Suite (Paul Oakenfold Mix)
    20. Underworld - Born Slippy Nuxx (Paul Oakenfold Mix)

LISTEN TO THE ALBUM HERE...

www.made-event.com
    www.pauloakenfold.com
    www.myspace.com/pauloakenfold
    www.sandracollins.com
    www.myspace.com/sandracollins
    www.djkenneththomas.com
    www.perfectorecords.com
    www.ultrarecords.com
    www.pachanyc.com
    DANCE LOCAL THINK GLOBAL
  • AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: PAUL OAKENFOLD 'Greatest Hits & Remixes' @ Pacha - Thanksgiving Night - Nov 22

As long as the club does not
    allow him to play any of his track made after 1999
    it would be mildly interesting.
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

Working...