X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trick12
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jul 2007

Islam is good. media is not.

I would like to point out that Islam is a peaceful religion, all the crazy stuff that happens in the middle east and muslim world has more to do with the people not the religion. Sad but true most muslims are just so by name and the majority does not follow the true religion. Terrorism is an enemy to all and by no means the religion is assosciated by their crimes, they claim things under a name to justify their actions for a reason while God knows whats really behind their crimes. the media plays a role in this too, it helped creating this image while the truth is far from this.Fact: Muslims are more hurt by terrorist's crimes more than others.
    Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Islam is good. media is not.

As long as you remember not to take rides from strangers when you're reborn as a 19-yr-old Saudi chick .

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• trick12
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by feather
      As long as you remember not to take rides from strangers when you're reborn as a 19-yr-old Saudi chick .
      First Reply and I already smell it...well that whole Saudi thing is all messed up, but who says that Saudis represent Muslims...Muslims are from any race, country or color. Good try....

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Probably needed some winkies and LOLs but ...

Originally posted by Miroslav
        You have no idea what sarcasm means, do you?
        Originally posted by Cj Tari
        welcome to sarcasm 101
        What they said

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• nick007
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by feather
          Probably needed some winkies and LOLs but ...

What they said

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• Miroslav
            WHOA I can change this!1!
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by trick12
            I would like to point out that Islam is a peaceful religion, all the crazy stuff that happens in the middle east and muslim world has more to do with the people not the religion. Sad but true most muslims are just so by name and the majority does not follow the true religion. Terrorism is an enemy to all and by no means the religion is assosciated by their crimes, they claim things under a name to justify their actions for a reason while God knows whats really behind their crimes. the media plays a role in this too, it helped creating this image while the truth is far from this.Fact: Muslims are more hurt by terrorist's crimes more than others.
            I agree with you that most believers of Islam are not terrorists and absolutely don't deserve to be treated poorly. I realize that there are more Muslims than just in the Middle East...and I realize that no country is perfect; the US has way more than its share of injustice and trouble. I will also admit that I'm no expert on all facets of Sharia Law and Islam in the Middle East. But...

...unless every source I read about is completely wrong, I do see state-sponsored things in the Middle East that are systematically geared towards hurting certain kinds of people - in the name of religion. The chief victim among these would be women. And these are restrictions that pertain to very basic human rights, such as just walking down the street, testifying in court, being able to drive, being able to vote... And there is a lot of evidence of how women have been beaten, maimed, disfigured, raped, etc. for all kinds of "offenses" along these lines there. And this basic trend of treating women like inferior products seems to apply to every Islamic state that I can think of (granted, I don't know them all in detail).

So my question to you is: Is this the good Islam of which you speak? Or is this something else...

And if it isn't, then where are the "good" Islamic places that at least in principle attempt to respect the basic human rights of all people - men, women, minorities, and dissidents?
            mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• unkownartist
              Banned
              • Nov 2005

all religeon is bullshit anyway imo

and NO religeon is peacefull when it faces critisism

Comment

• Bululu
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
                I agree with you that most believers of Islam are not terrorists and absolutely don't deserve to be treated poorly. I realize that there are more Muslims than just in the Middle East...and I realize that no country is perfect; the US has way more than its share of injustice and trouble. I will also admit that I'm no expert on all facets of Sharia Law and Islam in the Middle East. But...

...unless every source I read about is completely wrong, I do see state-sponsored things in the Middle East that are systematically geared towards hurting certain kinds of people - in the name of religion. The chief victim among these would be women. And these are restrictions that pertain to very basic human rights, such as just walking down the street, testifying in court, being able to drive, being able to vote... And there is a lot of evidence of how women have been beaten, maimed, disfigured, raped, etc. for all kinds of "offenses" along these lines there. And this basic trend of treating women like inferior products seems to apply to every Islamic state that I can think of (granted, I don't know them all in detail).

So my question to you is: Is this the good Islam of which you speak? Or is this something else...

And if it isn't, then where are the "good" Islamic places that at least in principle attempt to respect the basic human rights of all people - men, women, minorities, and dissidents?
                The prefect Islamic country in my view is Malaysia, the majority are muslims, a very developed country, where people from diffrenty religions and races live together in perfect harmony, Christians, Buddhists, Hindous.

Comment

• cyrus32
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jul 2004

to answer miroslav's question, that is more based on culture not religion. in islam women have lots of rights, but all these stories of women being raped and beaten and so forth its all based on that countries culture. besides that point many women get just as much abuse in america. like bululu said there are lots of islamic countries just like malaysia where you dont see these types of things happen.
                  Edited - Bossy to racey for work

Comment

• lilsensa
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

I just don't see why we have to believe in a "God"....I don't consider myself an Atheist, but what is it all worth?? Why can't we just be good people because that's what we want to be?? What is wrong with that??....
                    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by cyrus32
                      to answer miroslav's question, that is more based on culture not religion. in islam women have lots of rights, but all these stories of women being raped and beaten and so forth its all based on that countries culture. besides that point many women get just as much abuse in america. like bululu said there are lots of islamic countries just like malaysia where you dont see these types of things happen.
                      But not government sanctioned!

Comment

• Troklo
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

I donīt have anything against any religion. I personaly think that anyone can take the path to a Supreme Being that better suites them.

I just hate it when religion starts to mix up with politics.
                        Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• trick12
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Bululu
                          The prefect Islamic country in my view is Malaysia, the majority are muslims, a very developed country, where people from diffrenty religions and races live together in perfect harmony, Christians, Buddhists, Hindous.
                          I agree Malaysia has lots of wonderful muslims, I havent been there but met many in the states, good people focusing on their religion and blocking out extremist views.

Thanks Cyrus for answering Miroslav's question, Only in Saudi women do not have much rights such as driving..etc.but its a saudi rule not Islamic,women's role is shown in the religion there is lots of respect to women to the point that there is a whole chapter in The Quran under the title of "The Women" teaching their rights, like i said earlier seperate the people from the religion...Culture, education and the person's background plays a big role in their actions, I mean there are millions of muslims around the world..its not fair whenever someone commits some weird crime to claim it under the name of their religion.
                          Lilsensa, we should believe in God because there is a God, its beautiful to acknowledge his power, I came to earth and found it ready for life with all the suitable ingredients such as H2O, oxygen...etc so you think all this happenned by chance...I think it was measured and put available for FREE...imagine air you breath was for money...wouldnt that suck if you didnt have change for some air to breath...think about it..

Comment

• Miroslav
                            • Apr 2006

^^^ OK guys so let me get this straight. Follow me closely here:

1. Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Quatar, Afghanistan, United Arab Emirates, Syria, Iraq, and Iran (basically the whole Middle East) are all countries that are heavily dominated by Islam all the way through to their governments.

2. All of these nations have been documented from various sources as systematically restricting the rights of women, minorities, dissidents.

2. The oppression is generally done by socially established forces (i.e., government) that hold to a religious doctrine as a basis for their actions (i.e., Islam).

So now you're telling me that all of these similar trends of these Islamic-based governments are, in fact, not a true representation of mainstream Islam?

Comment

• Miroslav
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Bululu

ok, then I guess this is a fiction made up by Dick Cheney and Bush:

Malaysia's Islamic Officials Seize Baby From Mother Who Sought a Hindu Life
                              Published: April 6, 2007

Is this what you mean by "perfect harmony"??

And I can keep going with other shit that the Malaysian religious police over there are doing; it's not hard to find from various sources. Am I the only one concerned over a religion that requires its own police force that threatens people to enforce its beliefs???

nice try, though.

Comment

Working...