X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Painted Lady
    Fresh Peossy
    • Sep 2004

Accommodation in NYC

My boyfriend and I are going to NYC for Christmas and New Year, and am looking for a hotel or appartment (appartment would be better) to stay in. Can anyone suggest any reasonably priced accomodation or good websites to check out?
  • wowflutter
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

I used craigslist some time ago:

Surely, many MS New Yorkers will provide further (and better) pointers. Good luck, in any case!

wf
    "Wit is the epitaph of an emotion" - Nietzsche

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

how are you planning to get an aparment if you dont have friends in the city.... you're not planning to rent one for the week are you ??

honest opinion.... get a hotel in Jersey and travel back and forth.... its just the distance of a bridge....

-e-
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• janky
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

Re: Accommodation in NYC

Try the Atrium. It's on Bleecker and Thompson in the West Village (very good location). They have rentals for one night or a week and are quite cheap and clean and all the rest. Most of the places have a fridge and stove and all boombox so you can play Digweed before going out

4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Comment

• Painted Lady
          Fresh Peossy
          • Sep 2004

Cheers Janky! Will check it out. Accomodation so far has appeared bastard expensive.

Comment

• plotek
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jul 2004

befriend somebody who lives in nyc... i think janky declared himself to live there.

Comment

• Painted Lady
              Fresh Peossy
              • Sep 2004

funny you should say that... I would happily pay the right price to rent a poky 1 bed apartment in Manhattan... any offers guys?

Comment

• Painted Lady
                Fresh Peossy
                • Sep 2004

[quote="Encryption";p="57089"]how are you planning to get an aparment if you dont have friends in the city.... you're not planning to rent one for the week are you ??

well... apartments can be rented for vacations for a week... well they sure can here anyway... Will try the Jersey option though

Comment

• kanejuan
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Sep 2004

I would use Priceline.com. My friends used it before and got a really good rate on their hotel. If you stick to searching anywhere not further north of the Upper East/West sides of Manhattan....you'll be pretty much sorted location-wise...

Comment

• san
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jun 2004

yeah seriously check out what janky said and encryption is right. north jersey is literally a 15 minute drive into the city. i'll try to dig up some info for you in a bit.
                    poop on you

Comment

• Painted Lady
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by san
                      yeah seriously check out what janky said and encryption is right. north jersey is literally a 15 minute drive into the city. i'll try to dig up some info for you in a bit.
                      Cheers San. I checked out the atrium, but I'm afraid that all the apartments on that site are already taken. Bummer. I think I'm now going to go down Encryption's route of trying New Jersey - if it's only 15min away, it's got to be worth looking at...

Comment

• SilverFoxx
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Jun 2004

Going at end October, staying in Clifton NJ [at a friends house] seems trains in are pretty good. When we were there 4 years ago we stayed in a hotel in Hell's Kitchen - very cheap and cheerful but was still $100 night room only.

Comment

• zen313
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

There is a good chance I will be subletting my one bedroom apartment during that time, I will keep you posted... btw, I actually live in Manhattan.

Comment

Working...