• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shpira
    Angry Boy Child
    • Oct 2006

God damn fascists!!!

The ID cards law has been introduced!!!
    I swear I don't know what the hell is wrong with people these days...
    No one stands up for their civil liberties...there should be a hanging in the public square of the minister responsible for proposing this!!!!

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX
  • Miroslav
    WHOA I can change this!1!
    • Apr 2006

Re: God damn fascists!!!

I'm sorry, but I don't see what the problem is...?

It's not like up until now you were anonymous and the government couldn't already find you and have their way with you if they wanted.
    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• FM
      Wooooooo!
      • Jun 2004

"excuse me sir, but do you have your papers?"
      FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
      "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
      Facebook!
      A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

Oh its no big deal you just have to go get fingerprinted even though you aren't a criminal and a simple face scan so they can load it into their AI software.. this is for your protection.. ya right.. looks like the Nazi's did win the war and were apparently just behind the scenes..

Comment

• Shpira
          Angry Boy Child
          • Oct 2006

^^^ exactly...it is a big god damn deal...to me any loss of civil liberties is big deal especially when I don't see an adequate reason for something like this...I for one am going to vote conservative mainly because they say they are going to repeal this law.

Biometric scaning...compailing data on a national level between agencies...its crazy...
          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Miroslav
            • Apr 2006

Well...my point is that the "damage" has already been done a good while ago. If your government wanted, they could already dredge up all the info they need on you in a very short time - probably a matter of hours, maybe minutes. Whether you they give you an ID card or not.

Think about it...

In every country I can think of, you already need an ID card of some sorts. Here, it's basically my drivers license. I need to show it whenever the cops stop me, for major transactions, for all kinds of applications, etc.

I already had to give my fingerprints for my US citizenship and my passport.

I have a social security number that I have to furnish for all sorts of things.

All this, along with all of my personal information and history is already housed in all kinds of databases that any number of public and private entities already have access to anyways.

This is the price you pay if you're going to live in a modern society with the benefits of technology. We already lost our anonymity a long time ago.

Comment

• Shpira
              Angry Boy Child
              • Oct 2006

Yeah...thats the US...here if the police stops you ...you don't have to provide ID...I don't have anything...
              No social security card
              No drivers licence
              No fingerprints taken for anything
              No criminal record

I have one bank card which is not a credit but a debit card...
              a pay as you go sim card which is not registered to any name

Therefore apart from my passport the government has nothing on me...and to be honest I want it this way!

I want to be as you say "off the grid" not becaused I am a paranoid lunatic (even though that has its own merits as Charles Mansson said "paranoia is a higher state of consciousness" ) but because I want to have a choice who I give personal details to and who I do not.
              The Idiots ARE Winning.

Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Jenks
                I'm kind of a big deal.
                • Jun 2004

you get fucking tasered in the states if you don't show your id.

Comment

• Miroslav
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Shpira
                  Yeah...thats the US...here if the police stops you ...you don't have to provide ID...I don't have anything...
                  No social security card
                  No drivers licence
                  No fingerprints taken for anything
                  No criminal record

I have one bank card which is not a credit but a debit card...
                  a pay as you go sim card which is not registered to any name

Therefore apart from my passport the government has nothing on me...and to be honest I want it this way!

I want to be as you say "off the grid" not becaused I am a paranoid lunatic (even though that has its own merits as Charles Mansson said "paranoia is a higher state of consciousness" ) but because I want to have a choice who I give personal details to and who I do not.
                  wow...well then, I take back what I said I guess that's just us over here

Comment

• Shpira
                    Angry Boy Child
                    • Oct 2006

n.p. yeah,...its a big deal over here...

ahhh, good old Europe...love it...:-)
                    The Idiots ARE Winning.

Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• picklemonkey
                      Double hoodie beer monster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
                      you get fucking tasered in the states if you don't show your id.
                      don't tase me bro

Comment

Working...