GC006 Steve Mill – Lovely Light EP | OUT NOW !!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • groovecollection
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jan 2006

GC006 Steve Mill – Lovely Light EP | OUT NOW !!!

Steve Mill – Lovely Light EP

A. Lovely Light
    B. Unstable Movement
    C. Sun In Town

Release date: 10th of December (beatport excl. pre-release)
    Label: Groovecollection Originals 006

Release Info:
    Once again Greek Steve Mill teams up with Groovecollection Records. After his just released track “U Cube” on the Black imprint we’re proud and excited to present a full-on Steve Mill experience on our Originals label. As you might know the Originals imprint was brought to life as a way to give the artist a stage to showcase his production talent. Muzikjunki, Bart van Wissen and Derek Howell amongst others released EP’s on GC Originals and this time it’s Steve Mill for your listening pleasure!

First up on this EP is the title track “Lovely Light”. A nice build-up with a deep synthy bass takes the lead up to the point where the incredible catchy and energetic melodic hook comes along. In the background various instruments are wobbling their way back and forth through all kinds of effects. This is nothing but housyness at its best! It’s no wonder this guy is signed to so many quality labels. Especially when your hear tracks like this.

“Unstable Movement” takes a much more laidback deep housy approach, but things change a bit when the string stabs enter the field of sound. Mill creates a great atmosphere with this track, but at the same time holds a certain level of energy. Again very housy with its organ-like synths here and there and a subtle melodic echoing hook. Maybe a bit too late as summer is over, but perhaps this one can heaten things up a bit in these dark and cold days.

Finally, we have one track left which is called “Sun In Town”. From the moment the kick comes in with the repeated synth you know why it is called that way. Very happy without being cheesy, this one’s also sure to keep the summer in mind. Catchy grooves along with a funky bassline and superb melodicness create a great end to this great EP.

DJ Support:
    Redanka: Steve's done some good stuff this year. 'Lovely Light' is my personal favourite from this EP
    Ricky Ryan: thanx !! been killing GC006 Steve Mill - Lovely Light for the last month and rocks it huge. Love it, will probably include on next promo mix, full support!!
    Stian Klo: superb stuff once again from this guy ...especially feeling 'sun in town'
    Eelke Kleijn: Amazing stuff ! Steve is one of my favourite producers at the moment.
    Tom Morgan: Bit more melodic than recent stuff from him but I'm definitely in favour. Lovely Light and Sun In Town are class, proper summery epic house.
    Matt Rowan: I really like Lovely light. More great tunes from Steve Mill!
    Thee-O: Some lovely tones on this EP. Digging it.
    Frank Chiarello: Reminds me of Timewriter's style; good stuff all around.
    Darin Epsilon: Nice package here. Unstable Movement is the definite winner for me, followed by Lovely Light. Excellent production value, everything sounds real crisp and clean. Real chill and smooth, great music for an afterhours or early in the evening for warmup.
    Villo: good to warm things up or listening at home.
    Andy Hughes: tracks 1 & 3 my favs but liked all 3! Cool release!!
    Stefan Bauer (Prog-World): Unstable Movement is my favourite!! cool house music as always from steve mill!
    J-Punch: cool builder material

click logo for samples

Groovecollection Music Management
    - Deep Records
    - Deep Focus
    - Mynt Music
    - Epsilon Trax
    - Outside The Box Music
    - Groovecollection Records
    www.groovecollectionrecords.com
    Dutch Progressive House Community, Podcast, Live-sets, Cd and vinyl reviews, Guestlists and more....

www.groovecollectionrecords.com (groovecollection,deep,focus,otb)
    Releases/remixes by: Kosmas Epsilon, Eelke Kleijn, Derek Howell, Medway, Nils Noa, Dousk, etc...
Working...