X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

Kivanc Kitapci - Creepy Feather "REVIEWS"

ASR024 Kivanc Kitapci - Creepy Feather (Dec 27, 2007)

It's finally going to be available. Included are My mix. Pako and Frederik, and DSS mixes. Should be one hell of a release. I know i'm very happy about it.

I'll be glad to have this remix under my belt. Even though it is a bit different than what i'm going for these days. But you never know what direction I might take in my music.

Here's some more info for ya, including a great review.

Cheers, Jeffrey

Kivanc Kitapci - Creepy Feather [ 10/10 ]
    Ascension Records (December 2007)

Ascension records just keeps going from strength to strength and this is another confirmation of their seemingly endless supply of quality productions.

This 4 track E.P. contains the original mix, DSS remix, Jeffrey Collins remix and a Pako & Frederik remix, each mix is a totally different style and is not just a few different beats using the same synth parts from the original, like we are used to in electronic dance music, no sir, each track is a complete remake and a different track in its own right.

The original mix is one hell of a track, awash with complex melodic aural pleasure using a plethora of well programmed beats and breaks.

That track is full of original ideas and I really like that, rather than doing things done before Kivanc Kitapci has given us something fresh and new, and it works.

The main hook has a moody, middle eastern feeling to it, overall you can tell this track has had a lot of time spent on making it just right, as with most ascension records releases, the production and sound quality is five star.

DSS remix - this is more progressive breaks/experimental, and whilst keeping the same eerie vibe it is almost a completely new track taking on a completely new angle from the rest of the remix’s.

The Jeffrey Collins remix provides you with a generally more “housey” vibe with a solid 4/4 and simple but effective bass line keeping things grooving.

The overall vibe from this mix is one of underground warehouse warm up set, it’s a simple but effective grooving remake that once again sounds well produced and is another reason this E.P. will appeal to a wider catchment of people, it really has something for everyone.

Lastly, but not least we have a remix from long time prog pushers Pako & Frederik, like the other remixes this is a complete remake and only echoes the original in a very small way, to me it has a similar style to a pig and dan remix, with a techno/prog edge to it, out of all the remixes this is the one I’ve been playing the most although the original has also had more than its fair share of playtime too.

Overall I’m giving this release 10/10 ascension records continue to surprise me with their seemingly endless supply of quality tracks, this is yet another to add to their already impressive catalogue.

You can preview this release by clicking play on the player at the top right of this review.

Gary Werbisky [15-Dec-2007]

Reviewed from http://www.Progressivehouse.com

Review Link
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.
  • jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

Re: Kivanc Kitapci - Creepy Feather "REVIEWS"

This track is more important than those others....to me!!! LOL.
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...