• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3hitsaday
    Getting warmed up
    • Jun 2004

sasha - mongoose vs. kevlar - the mongoose

what's the difference here?

i'm trying to put together a mix of all the tracks i heard S+D play at bonnaroo and was searching for Kevlar - the mongoose and only came up w/ it being released in january '08 - so i figured i'd be waiting to d/l this one. just today i d/l the new sasha track mongoose and i'm pretty sure its the same track.

sorry if this has been discussed or my question is completely moronic. i dont keep up w/ the track IDs as much as most..
  • asdf_admin
    i use to be important
    • Jun 2004

Re: sasha - mongoose vs. kevlar - the mongoose

This was actually a Sasha track from the beginning to my understanding. You are correct in the track sounds the same for it is. Kevlar was a guise for Sasha ... It was supposed to released under another label, I too was waiting for it and was surprised to find it was actually Sasha. I had my wonders.
    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• stencil_cp
      Addiction started
      • Aug 2005

have you got an updated setlist from bonnaroo? i made it to that show and absolutely love finding those tracks to spin...

Comment

• pdowney
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

From Sasha's recent newsletter:

MONGOOSE- OUT NOW ON DIGITAL

'Mongoose', the production from Sasha (now with his name officially attached) was originally scheduled for release on Rebelone, the infamous sister label of Crosstown Rebels that features one-sided white label, vinyl releases from big producers who commit to following rules where the artist name / track title are hidden under a mineral / animal guise respectively. However, due to the demise of Amato, one of the UK's - now former - leading distributors of dance, the stock of this exceptional LP currently remains caught in their warehouses and administrative procedure. To ensure it reaches dancefloors and the consequent audience it deserves, we are now delighted to present it via Sasha's emFire imprint in digital available now through Beatport & DJdownload. Also keep an eye out in stores for the soon to be released limited, white label.
        Philip

Comment

Working...