X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Fucking Chinese Grinch

HONG KONG (Reuters) - A Chinese city has beaten the Grinch at his own game, banning Christmas trees from shopping malls, restaurants and other public places because they pose a fire hazard, a newspaper reported on Thursday.

Chen Ying, deputy mayor of Zhuhai, a city of 1.3 million people in southern China, said restaurants, malls, grocery stores and other entertainment venues had to remove trees and other "flammable decorations" immediately.

"Those that fail to rectify the situation will be subject to legal measures like suspension or closure," the Southern Metropolis Daily quoted Chen on its Web site (www.nddaily.com) as saying on Wednesday.

The crackdown on Christmas trees was part of a three-month campaign to boost fire-prevention standards that started this week in Zhuhai, directly across from the Chinese gambling haven of Macau.

The Zhuhai ban came the same day that President Hu Jintao "reached out" to religious believers in China where commercial Christmas trappings have become increasingly ostentatious in recent years.

The manager of a Zhuhai karaoke bar ordered a Christmas tree last week and was not happy with the new regulation.

"I paid 3,000 yuan (about 200 pounds), so who can I sue for damages now?" the newspaper quoted him as saying.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071220/...k_china_grinch

And firecrackers aren't fire hazards ...

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • Lrn
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jan 2005

Re: Fucking Chinese Grinch

how about you shut down all the sweat shops, then start talking about hazards

Comment

• AntonyM
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

How about pollution standards
      what difference would a few more
      burning buildings make.
      Originally posted by Shpira
      So came back last night...
      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
      Originally posted by Illuminate
      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Lrn
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jan 2005

yea a few more dead asians, im not gonna miss them

Comment

• Morgan
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

^^
          If you substituted "Africans" for "Asians" in you comments above would you be more or less of a racist?

To be fair i can see why your only celebrating 50 years of equality, some of yous are firmly sitting at the back of the bus.
          "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• Kat
            A pretty fn good milkshake
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by feather
            http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071220/...k_china_grinch

And firecrackers aren't fire hazards ...

wtf ist that?? and the stuff they are selling at the mall, istn that flammable too? lol weird

Originally posted by Lrn
            yea a few more dead asians, im not gonna miss them
            think before you post ok
            ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• Lrn
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jan 2005

im chinese, i can be rasist to fobby slope heads if i want to

Comment

Working...