New Years Eve w/ Sasha & Digweed (Review)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jay Fury
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

New Years Eve w/ Sasha & Digweed (Review)

All I know is that words cannot describe the madness that ensued that night. The LA Sprts Arena was absolutely fucking PACKED to the rafters. Yes, it was a big Rave crowd, but holy shit did those guys throw it down. The pyrotechnics and lights, along with the fireworks and flames were unreal (like nothing Ive EVER seen, and Ive been around- believe me). The sound system was just absolutely SICKENING. On the Floor (which is where we were- right in front of the masters at work), the bass was so intense, it reminded me of ARC in NYC. You know how it is when the RUMBLING basslines start piling up on one another..... It takes just about everything you got to NOT puke from it..... But I love it. Haha....

So Digweed came on precisely at 10:30PM. He started right off into the madness. Huge Rumbling Basslines. Just Dark and Heavy. Then after about a half hour, Sasha jumped on and started w/ abelton. It was WICKED. Constantly building up...... Then they did the countdown, and a huge thing at midnight..... Then they just started dropping One after Another after another after another........ It was OUT OF LINE. Digweed would just keep building it up and building it up, then Sasha would come on and Just RIP it all apart...... then they would put it all back together again, and do it again and Again! I was losing my fucking mind. Ive never been in such a HUGE crowd like that... We are talkin Full 2nd and third level seating (17,000) and the floor was Packed wall to wall (Probably another 7000-10,000) It was utter madness.

It was BY FAR the best music Ive ever heard them play together. Dark and Heavy

Here are 3 Videos of mine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiapvWfXyrM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhLUGGrWxzM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3XdwizaNaQ

Heres one my Buddy took from the second level. It gives you a good overview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjxGjlrZlcc&feature=related
    Mind and Body crave light, because we live in Darkness.
  • Jay Fury
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: New Years Eve w/ Sasha & Digweed (Review)

I will get some pics up as soon as I upload them

Comment

• sakio pod
      SALAD TOSSER
      • Jun 2004

GLAD It was an awesome night wish it would have been a longer night for you guys

wanna id this one

Comment

• Jay Fury
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

Im not too sure..... But you should check out this guys vids. He is a professional video guy. Great Vids here

Comment

• maddlingo
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Those are some great vids, I'm jealous I wasn't there for NYE.
          "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• pr0ficient
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Apr 2006

Nice vids, anyone know the track playing from the last video posted

Comment

• djsakit
              Fresh Peossy
              • Jun 2007

great videos. thanks

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

cool vids, wish i had been there

Comment

• AntonyM
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Oct 2004

Looked like a great night
                  Originally posted by Shpira
                  So came back last night...
                  Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                  Originally posted by Illuminate
                  Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                  2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                  3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                  4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

Working...