• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

$3 Quadrillion Dollars Please

Nothing like aiming high I suppose...

NEW ORLEANS - Hurricane Katrina's victims have put a price tag on their suffering and it is staggering — including one plaintiff seeking the unlikely sum of $3 quadrillion.

The total number — $3,014,170,389,176,410 — is the dollar figure so far sought from some 489,000 claims filed against the federal government over damage from the failure of levees and flood walls following the Aug. 29, 2005, hurricane.

Of the total number of claims, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said it has received 247 for at least $1 billion apiece, including the one for $3 quadrillion.

"That's the mother of all high numbers," said Loren Scott, a Baton Rouge-based economist.

For the sake of perspective: A mere $1 quadrillion would dwarf the U.S. gross domestic product, which Scott said was $13.2 trillion in 2007. A stack of one quadrillion pennies would reach Saturn.

sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: $3 Quadrillion Dollars Please

A stack of one quadrillion pennies would reach Saturn.
    There you go, ship the whole lot to Saturn.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• poults
      Platinum Poster
      • Nov 2006

Fair enough, compensation is deserved but for people to be that fucking greedy is disgusting.
      Originally posted by Hoff

ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!! thankyou

Comment

• AndyH
        Platinum Poster
        • May 2005

"That's the mother of all high numbers," said Loren Scott, a Baton Rouge-based economist.

5 years at uni all to come up with this insightful, in depth economical analysis...!
        [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• Miguel
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Oct 2005

thats just stoopid .. that guy wants to be his own country

Comment

• Garrick
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

that is a lot of commas...
            Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• maddlingo
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

I bet you could settle for 300 dollars out of court and this asshat would accept it.
              "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                Not cool enough
                • Jun 2004

it's not about the money, it's about the fact that our government seems to have forgotten about these people. And they need help. So they need the news to get interested in them again, and 3 Quads oughtta do it well. It's just too bad that in this country the news is only ever really interested in these things for a couple weeks (if at that) after they happen.
                Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...