• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dvs
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: Progressive sound...life style ?

I get a craving like I fiend for nicotine
    But I don’t need a cigarette, know what I mean?

Thought of, cuz it’s sort of...an addiction,
    Magnatized by the mixing
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"the progressive sound will not come back because it's already here; you just need to search for it." - Mo Shic

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

I listen to it every waking moment of my life.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Prog is my game, but to me it's a lifestyle meaning crossing boundaries and doing new things. Also listening to all kinds of music I like, which is a lot...my other fave though is latin stuff, ranging from classical guitar to latin rap/rnb/hippity hop and prog to top it off...and of course african shiz.
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• clubber49
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

i like various type of music, from reggae to punk. yet, there's somethin special with progressive house music that makes it different from the rest. its fukin awesome.
          most of the time, for instance when im walkin to classes, or chillin at my house, the instant i put my headphones and start hearin some sick beats i start fillin highly motivated. like if i don't need nothin else. i always spend time seeking for new sets, thats why i love the recommendations section. recently i started listenin again to john digweed live from beirut. WOW. 4 hours of pure progressive house. there's definetely important things as workin, but musik always makes you happy. Its the answer.

Comment

• Kobe
            I wish I had an interesting User title
            • Jun 2004

Prog sustains me, I really cannot go a day without it. The only time I listen to another genre is just to take a break, but I'll be back soon. I'm not a snob though, I won't run from a bar because they are not playing Prog, and I don't go around thinking "my" music is better than everyone else's.

Stragely though, I rarely ever go to clubs anymore. That is in large part a geographical inconvience, as well as my old ass getting too old and lazy to make the effort to get into the city, but I'm still keeping track of the sound thanks to [ms]

I'm quite sure I will stay with the sound for life, even as it continues to grow and evolve. Its natural progression mind you, not the ship-jumping move to the latest fad in house music, but staying with prog where ever it goes. To me prog is not some dead end niche of house, but rather the way foward---> future house.
            Beats are my crack.

Comment

• bart_smastard
              Gold Gabber
              • May 2005

my mp3 player contains music ranging from vangelis, holst and john williams to nirvanna ,stone roses , deep purple . around 20 gig of prog and 10 gig of chilled in between though . we all have a favourite genre but if u love music u can appreciate the cream of any type of music ..

Comment

• asdf_admin
                i use to be important
                • Jun 2004

progressive helps me with my thinking cap, but it does not run my life.
                dead, yet alive.

Comment

• superdave
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

reading the posts and some of you are prog addicts. for me, i enjoy prog, but other types of music too. i listen to all kinds of music like rap, pop, 80s(see my age), rock, etc. still electronic music whether its specifically prog, house, electroclash, or trance is clearly my favorite.

when i go out I usually attend clubs that play mostly hip hop and/or pop so i've gotten used to the commercial sound. the really nice clubs with many attractive women in my town only play commercial music.
                  Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Working...