• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Planet Earth: Canadian drug victim sues dealer

And wins.

A Canadian woman has successfully sued the dealer who sold her an illegal street drug that put her in a coma.

Sandra Bergen, 23, suffered a heart attack and spent 11 days in a coma after taking crystal methamphetamine.

Ms Bergen said Clinton Davey had known the drug was highly addictive and dangerous but sold it to make money.

Mr Davey refused to name his source of the drug, prompting the Saskatchewan judge to reject his defence - that Ms Bergen had taken the drug voluntarily.

'Hit drug dealers'
    Ms Bergen is seeking $50,000 (Ģ25,000) in compensation. A date for a hearing to determine damages has not been set.

"I sued him for negligence... for selling me drugs and getting me hooked when I was vulnerable," Ms Bergen told the French news agency AFP.

She said she hoped her case would inspire others to sue drug dealers.
    "I think it's a different way to hit drug dealers financially and that's where it will really hurt them," she told CTV news.

Ms Bergen and Mr Davey were friends from childhood.

In her statement of claim, she said he "knew the drug was highly addictive" and that his dealing was not only "for the purpose of making money but was also for the purpose of intentionally inflicting physical and mental suffering" on her.

In his defence, Mr Davey had argued that Ms Bergen "voluntarily consumed illegal drugs, thus contributing to her own condition."

"She assumed the risks," he said.

Ms Bergen became addicted to drugs when she was 18, CTV news said. She overdosed in 2004 in the province of Saskatchewan shortly before her 20th birthday.

In hospital she was hooked up to a respirator. She said she suffered lung, heart, kidney and liver failure and may never be able to have children.

She said she has since stopped taking drugs.
    Fucking ridiculous. Of course drugs need to be ISO compliant.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: Planet Earth: Canadian drug victim sues dealer

in about 10 more years im going to sue New Castle for making me kill my liver on their fine product.

Comment

• diegoff
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

wtf happens to the world???? is everybody insane?????
      Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
      Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
      May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• Dhar_2
        meat and potatoes
        • Jun 2004

what happens when u mix americans and the french together. Canadians!!

crazy!!! what is the world coming to???? and more imoortantly can i sue someone for it!!!

Comment

• day_for_night
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dhar_2
          what happens when u mix americans and the french together. Canadians!!

ya not even close.

Comment

• AndyH
            Platinum Poster
            • May 2005

Originally posted by diegoff
            wtf happens to the world???? is everybody insane?????
            Not everyone just Americans/Candians (well, their legal system at least). NO where else in the world could this happen, it actually makes me pretty angry its such a fucking joke...
            [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• Miguel
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Oct 2005

im going to canada !!!

Comment

Working...