X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Pranet Earth: Got baby? Have lice.

To celebrate the birth of a baby in a way that makes it feel like the kid's right there in your arms, a rice shop in the southwestern Japanese city of Kita-Kyushu will send out a customized dakigokochi, a roughly baby-shaped bag of high-grade rice to everyone on your birth announcement list. The bag will be printed with the kid's picture, stats, and a greeting--and it will weigh the same as the kid did at birth.
    Depending on the type of rice, dakigokochi run about 3200-4200 yen, plus 640-1000 yen shipping, so $US35-45/each. There are eight bag colors and approximately one million traditional wrapping options [so Japanese], though I didn't check if there's a price differential. They only ship within Japan.

For the more traditionally minded, there is the kotobuki dawara, an OG straw bale container of rice which is filled to match the birth weight of the baby. It's also suggested as a favor for wedding guests and/or the parents of the marrying couple, in which case, you give one each with the birth weights of the bride and groom. It's meant to symbolize the cycle of life, as the grains of rice are borne of the stalk--and then steamed and eaten? Am I missing a step?

Source

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • Dhar_2
    meat and potatoes
    • Jun 2004

Re: Planet Earth: Got baby? Have rice.

hmmm baby rice bag!

pass me the soy sauce!!!

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

rice rice baby,
      to goooo, to gooooo

Comment

• jasonemryss
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jan 2008

not to say those japs are strange but it kind of makes sense putting your newborn baby's picture on a bag of rice, in a surreal retarded dream world

Comment

Working...