• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick007
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2007

Re: Hurricane Tiesto

Originally posted by rainman
    dude, is your avatar a sample pic from xp?
    Pure classic man

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• 88Mariner
      My dick is smaller
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by TheMightyGreg
      What did Renaissnace 0327 do to get banned? Said that 'Barbers Adagio for Strings' was a great piece of work?
      i think the original is a pretty moving work. perhaps that's what he meant?
      you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• karaquazian
        Addiction started
        • Feb 2006

look at that picture posted above and how many people he's playing in front of. any one of you would cream your friggin pants to do that...and most wouldn't even know what to do once you got up there. show me some pics of sasha or digweed doing that (the one that comes to mind is that pic of digweed at brighton....where he was opening for fatboy slim)

even if you don't like the style of music he plays you should give the man props for what he's accomplished.

oh but that's right, you would have to look outside your narrow viewpoint to do that

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
          Editor Shmeditor
          • Nov 2006

^ Good point well made....I don't particularly like the stuff he puts out now but I used to like the odd trance tune back in the day and his stuff was usually in the mix ot thereabouts. Big-up to Tiesto for bringing the DJ figure to the masses.

Incidently, your point about Sasha or Diggers not ever playing to those kind of numbers; it's not beacuse they couldn't hold it together or have the ability to smash it in front of 'staduim' crowds - they could - but you just wouldn't ever get that many prog/tech/mimimal bods in one place at the same time. Still, no accounting for taste
          Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• Mak0
            Getting warmed up
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by karaquazian
            show me some pics of sasha or digweed doing that (

[youtube] du60FW2u34U [/youtube]

Comment

• 88Mariner
              My dick is smaller
              • Nov 2006

look at that picture posted above and how many people he's playing in front of. any one of you would cream your friggin pants to do that...and most wouldn't even know what to do once you got up there. show me some pics of sasha or digweed doing that (the one that comes to mind is that pic of digweed at brighton....where he was opening for fatboy slim)

even if you don't like the style of music he plays you should give the man props for what he's accomplished.

oh but that's right, you would have to look outside your narrow viewpoint to do that
              i would say that's about on par with saying "look what britney spears has accomplished'. sometimes fortune is met only because people have poor taste, and not based on any skillset.

and not even oakenfold is more self-congratulatory than tiesto is. has digweed ever done a jesus pose?
              you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• karaquazian
                Addiction started
                • Feb 2006

but that's you saying that your taste is better than other's tastes...and there's no ego in that surely

Comment

• rubyraks
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

you do understand what makes pop music "popular" right? When you aim for the lowest common denominator in the music you play and make, you've made your music accessible to more people by alienating less people. That doesn't necessarily make it better...and certainly doesn't make it very forward looking, actually quite the opposite.
                  "Work like you don't need the money.
                  Love like you've never been hurt.
                  Dance like nobody's watching.
                  Sing like nobody's listening.
                  Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• fisheye
                    Addiction started
                    • Aug 2004

Without wishing to enter into the tedious intricacies of musical appreciation being a subjective exercise, it's also ludicrous thinking to state that because DJ A performs in front of a 100,000 and DJ B performs in front of a 1000 then he is better or should deserve praise, even if you don't like his style.

It would be fascinating to find out what Tiesto's DJ peers think about him and compare that to what they think about Sasha, Digweed and the like.

Comment

• buckman
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mak0
                      [YOUTUBE] du60FW2u34U [/YOUTUBE]
                      yahtzee
                      " Darkness Imprisioning Me
                      All That I See
                      Absolute Horror
                      I Cannot Live
                      I Cannot Die
                      Trapped In Myself
                      Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• rainman
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Dec 2005

point well made, however, it's not that i hate the shit he spins, but more so his attitude. yes, it would be tough to come out on stage in front of that many people, but once you become an entertainer, you don't have to act like you invented the damn scene. there's something to be said about being humble, what it is escapes me.

Comment

• lilsensa
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rainman
                          you don't have to act like you invented the damn scene. there's something to be said about being humble, what it is escapes me.
                          Well put.
                          RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• herogee
                            Addiction started
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner
                            i would say that's about on par with saying "look what britney spears has accomplished'. sometimes fortune is met only because people have poor taste, and not based on any skillset.

and not even oakenfold is more self-congratulatory than tiesto is. has digweed ever done a jesus pose?
                            Well said.
                            +1
                            If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air,
                            quaint little villages here and there ...

Comment

Working...