• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

Re: the more you know

Originally posted by DIDI
    What makes you think ecstasy does? The only study I am aware of [Ricaurte], that came to this conclusion has been well and truly discredited .
    Long term memory is blanked permanently if you take enough x (study at the university of Utrecht, 2006)

Comment

• MJ
      Here since 2002
      • Jun 2004

There are more atoms in a glass of water than there are glasses of water in all the oceans.
      mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• GregWhelan
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

^Facts like that keep me awake at night. I f****** love random facts!

Comment

• nick007
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by kassios
          Did you know that...If you see a driver flashing the lights in daylight, that probably means that police radar is near and you should be aware of the speed limit. Cyprus is one of the few places on earth that you will see people do that!

Im actually from Cy and i thought ppl do this everywhere haha sneaky
          Yip we have it here too.

The big debate is whether it is "defeating the ends of justice" or "crime prevention"

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

^Drivers in Australia do that too, three flashes on the hi-beam IIRC.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
              What makes you think ecstasy does? The only study I am aware of [Ricaurte], that came to this conclusion has been well and truly discredited .
              Damn I just read something about this last week. Some guy who's reportedly taken the most numbr of pills in his lifetime in any reported study. His long term memory is alright, but his short term memory is absolutely F*U*C*K*E*D. Almost like Alzheimer's, he doesn't even realize he's forgetting things or has a problem

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• kassios
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by nick007
                Yip we have it here too.

The big debate is whether it is "defeating the ends of justice" or "crime prevention"

not a big deal .....
                http://soundcloud.com/concept-sheep

Comment

• jasonemryss
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by lilsensa
                  ^ Get shot for that in some places..
                  yup!!

Comment

• jasonemryss
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jan 2008

God is one of US, just a stranger on the bus/

Comment

• Jenks
                      I'm kind of a big deal.
                      • Jun 2004

^lol. you're having trouble with the idea of this thread aren't ya?

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

saw this on Nova this past weekend.... INCREDIBLE INCREDIBLE show.....

Fascinating this Bose-Einstein condensate isnt it

Originally posted by day_for_night
                        absolute zero is -273.15 degrees centigrade (or 0 K).

in 2005, researchers at CERN in Finland cooled helium to 100 piko kelvin (or one tenth of one billionth of a degree above absolute zero). It is not possible to actually cool something all the way to absolute zero, as it would require an infinite time horizon and an infinitely large machine.

when liquids are cooled to very close to absolute zero, one of the strange properties they exhibit is called superfluidity. among other things, superfluids will only rotate at certain speeds....so if you put a superfluid into a container and start to spin the container, the superfluid will stay stationary until a critical speed is reached, at which point the superfluid will start to spin. thus the superfluid is quantized in terms of rotational velocity. <-think about that!

another strange property of some superfluids (Bose-Einstein condensates) is that they can slow light down to unimaginably slow speeds relative to the speed of light. in an experiment, they passed a beam of light through a B-E condensate and slowed it from its usual speed of 299,792,458 meters per second down to a crawling 17 meters per second (the speed of a road bicycle).

yes i'm a big nerd...but i love reading about shit like this.
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                        Originally posted by ace_dl
                        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• fumanchu182
                          Angantyr The Ruthless
                          • Jun 2004

Did you know...

A Goliath frog is about as big as a baby deer. Proof:

The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

• rainman
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Dec 2005

In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. That's where the phrase, goodnight, sleep tight came from.

Comment

• rainman
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Dec 2005

it is impossible to keep your eyes open while you sneeze.

Comment

• fumanchu182
                                Angantyr The Ruthless
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rainman
                                it is impossible to keep your eyes open while you sneeze.
                                They will fall out of your eyesockets .
                                The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

Working...