X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMightyGreg
    Editor Shmeditor
    • Nov 2006

R.I.P One Week to Live

More relevant to UK/London based [ms] users - Leading Dance music magazine One Week to Live switched to digital-only a month or so ago and has now closed it's pages for good.

From an email sent to thier mailing list:

Dear One Week To Live Reader,

After 108 issues of One Week To Live we have made the decision to cease publishing. As a small startup with limited means we have grown the magazine as far as possible on an independent basis – after failing to secure additional finance to continue with the current digital version we have made the decision to now close the business. We are currently exploring options with respect to selling all or part of the business and expect to be able to wind up the company shortly thereafter.

If you would like to get in touch with any of the OWTL team please see the contact details included below.

On a personal level, it has been a real experience over the past two years, independently launching and building a new magazine and brand and taking on the establishment in what continues to be an uncertain period within the music industry.

We want to take this opportunity to thank all of our readers for your continued support over the past 2 years and especially thank everyone we have worked with since starting One Week To Live – the DJs and artists, clubs, record labels, promoters, distributors, PRs, volunteers, contributors and most of all our staff.

As always, see you out there on the dance floors!

One Week To Live

Very sad news. This was one of the best written and intersting publications out there and was FREE. I would have happily shelled out a couple of quid a week for it - unfortunately it seems not many others shared my view. Another sad example of a lack of confidence in the music industry on the part of sponsors/advertisers and an indicator of what will happen to other publications/labels/etc.. if people are not willing to invest in the industry they claim to care so much about
    Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7
Working...