Greetings from Afghanistan!! (now with pics)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hambino21
    PFC Semen Ham
    • Jul 2004

Re: Greetings from Afghanistan!!

Just an update on how its going in Afghanistan. Very busy to say the least. The weather is definitely starting to warm up. It went from freezing my balls off to skin cancer from the sun over night. So far I've travelled to Kabul and Kandahar. One of which was by convoy because (I'm sad to say) that my Air Force is pretty undependable for personal travel. If you need something blown to pieces, no prob. If you need a flight, go elsewhere. Here's to the Canadians. They hooked us up with a flight in our time of need. Cheers. I've learned a lot about what we are here for, and although I was reserved at first about our intentions, I have developed a lot better feeling seeing some of the things we are doing here. Things aren't perfect of course, but I believe that the majority of people that are here ,are doing it for the right reasons. I'm not writing this to start some political fiasco, just simply stating. This has definitely been a global effort , and hats off to the countries that are involved. I hope the effort doesn't go down in vain. On that note , i have seen the caskets of the fallen soldiers from our country and others ,and it definitely makes you look at life in a different light.. Especially when you see brothers in arms from different countries that have given the ultimate sacrifice for the same cause. For the attempted improvement of the quality of life in a totally different country. My heart goes out to their loved ones. They will never be forgotten.

On a lighter note, I'm doing fine and I would really like a freaking beer for God's sakes. Geez. I will try to upload some photos when I can find some bandwidth capable of doing so. Once again Thanks for the support guys and i will stay in touch when i can. Tschuss.
    " Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"

- Me-

Comment

• GerryD
      I love skanking
      • Jun 2004

Glad to here you are doing fine. Thanks for the update and stay safe
      "We're professional entertainers. You give us money, we entertain you.

Comment

• MJ
        Here since 2002
        • Jun 2004

I will think about you tonight when I raise a large JD sir.

Again, thanks for the update and stay safe.
        mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• CactusBeats
          Addiction started
          • Mar 2008

hambino-

new to the board and saw your thread. i want to say thank you for your service to our country and for helping to make afghanistan a safer place. the work you do over there is important and greatly appreciated back here. anyway, be safe and we will see you back here real soon.
          I like your Christ.
          I do not like your Christians.
          Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• Aleks_B
            Gold Gabber
            • Nov 2006

thanks for posting Hambino. really interesting to hear about this mission from someone there, not filtered by the medias. Im Canadian and i got a kick out of hearing that our troops helped you guys out.

Keep alert and stay safe!
            Last edited by Aleks_B; March 17, 2008, 10:53:41 PM.
            aleks_b - re_azure | my_space

Comment

• DancingQueen
              AVB FanClub | President
              • Oct 2005

Good to hear from you again...nice to know you are doing ok
              If I could get a beer to you somehow I would....instead I will drink it for you...mmmm beer
              sigpic
              RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
              RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• ShawnD64
                Quickshot the Minute Man
                • Jan 2005

stay safe my friend
                http://soundcloud.com/scd64
                http://www.myspace.com/scd64
                http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Steve Graham
                  DJ Jelly
                  • Jun 2004

thanks so much for the update hambino, much respect to you for the job you are doing. see you stateside soon hopefully mate!

we will have a virtual beer together

Comment

• 88Mariner
                    My dick is smaller
                    • Nov 2006

get in, get out, and come home, mayng.
                    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• hambino21
                      PFC Semen Ham
                      • Jul 2004

Thanks peeps. Its good to know you guys are out there giving a shit. We need all of the moral support we can get. Yeah they really need to work on legalizing alcohol out here. The one good thing is i'm losing weight like a cancer patient by working my ass off and not having all of the German/Belgian beer i can drink at my disposal I can't wait to get back though, i miss my dream world i used to live in. The music has definitely been my saving grace! Once again thanks for the support and i will be back in contact soon. Later guys/gals

- Me-

Comment

• Dhar_2
                        meat and potatoes
                        • Jun 2004

take care and have fun!

PLUR all the way!

i'm hoping to see videos of afghans dancing chemical brothers style to Mcast!!

Comment

• threehills
                          I heart Lollergirl
                          • Jun 2005

Hambino,

Do you have access to new tunes over there? Can you get online regularly to download some new stuff? If not, maybe we can organize a little [ms] care package?
                          It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• hambino21
                            PFC Semen Ham
                            • Jul 2004

The internet sux arse down here, So I don't even try to DL anything. It would be sweet to get my hands on some new some stuff. Part of my job is maintaining a radio studio out here. I have been offered to do my own show but the problem is the fact that i have to follow the DOD playlist which sucks ass, and the fact the the majority of military folks aren't into EDM at all. i'm still thinking that before I leave i'm going to lock the door to the studio and just jam some House music over the Afghan air waves. That would rock. But if you feel like sending a musical package that would be awesome! Just let me know. I'll hook you up with an address.

- Me-

Comment

• Jibgolly
                              Vortexuralizor
                              • Jun 2004

glad to hear from ya josh ham. spoke to your brother the other day sounds like he misses ya big time. stay safe amigo!

Comment

• ShawnD64
                                Quickshot the Minute Man
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by hambino21
                                The internet sux arse down here, So I don't even try to DL anything. It would be sweet to get my hands on some new some stuff. Part of my job is maintaining a radio studio out here. I have been offered to do my own show but the problem is the fact that i have to follow the DOD playlist which sucks ass, and the fact the the majority of military folks aren't into EDM at all. i'm still thinking that before I leave i'm going to lock the door to the studio and just jam some House music over the Afghan air waves. That would rock. But if you feel like sending a musical package that would be awesome! Just let me know. I'll hook you up with an address.
                                haha AFN sucks a cock
                                http://soundcloud.com/scd64
                                http://www.myspace.com/scd64
                                http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...