X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alejandroaz
    Addiction started
    • Jul 2006

Re: Conan 2009?

this is gonna suck, please stop making remakes of 80's movies like rambo and this one!

Comment

• Shpira
      Angry Boy Child
      • Oct 2006

Well this is coming out in 2010 and its directed by Brett Ratner (x-men the last stand, red dragon, rush hour 1,2,3 , prison break pilot etc)
      Don't know if it will be good very little information still...just thought I'd add this even though I know I am like the only fan here
      The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
      Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• rainman
        Platinum Poster
        • Dec 2005

i hear crickets

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

wow, just reading this thread for the first time.. never saw the first Conan movie.. but my god, someone got their knickers in a twist.. me thinks someone fancies himself some Conan

Comment

• Shpira
            Angry Boy Child
            • Oct 2006

^^Yeah...its like the only comic I ever read regularly and I grew up on it...you guys had your watchman and whatnot I had Conan thats about it...people tend to dis it without reading the original comics...I still own loads of them...

p.s. Admittedly I was a prick before i.e. when I started this thread...I wasn't a very happy person unlike now
            The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
            Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

hahaha, thats cool.. glad you're happy now

Comment

• Highsteppa
                Gold Gabber
                • Feb 2005

I'm having a hard time imagining a remake that would do the Arnold Schwarzenegger / John Milius original film any kind of justice. It's just such an iconic role for him (well, maybe not so much the sequel), and even if they were to stick to the books, I doubt that Robert E Howard's vision could be translated very well to screen with the exception of a handful of directors (and Brett Ratner ain't one of them).

Who can deliver a line, much less write one that can compare to this one (which made the movie to me)?

Mongol General: What is best in life?
                Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

Comment

• Shpira
                  Angry Boy Child
                  • Oct 2006

I honestly don't think Arnold did a very good job...the first one was bearable but the second was terrible. Anyway I am sure if they find someone well built, who can actually act, and if they stick to the actual story rather than trying to tell the whole life of the character in one film... they will do well.
                  Its all about the senseless killing and the attractive women...
                  The Idiots ARE Winning.

Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Shpira
                    Angry Boy Child
                    • Oct 2006

So this is coming out this august apparently...

I have to say it doesn't look all that great hopefully I am wrong
                    The Idiots ARE Winning.

Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Highsteppa
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Feb 2005

It's in 3D, and yeah, I still think Arnold's will be the definitive version to beat.

Comment

• aldrichkelly
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • May 2011

A adventure that begins as a claimed vendetta for the angry Cimmerian warrior anon turns into an ballsy action adjoin ample rivals, alarming monsters, and absurd odds, as Conan realizes he is the alone achievement of extenuative the abundant nations of Hyboria from an advancing administration of abnormal evil.

Comment

• Shpira
                          Angry Boy Child
                          • Oct 2006

The Idiots ARE Winning.

Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

Working...