GC007 Federico Epis – Silver Chordz EP | OUT NOW !!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • groovecollection
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jan 2006

GC007 Federico Epis – Silver Chordz EP | OUT NOW !!!

Federico Epis – Silver Chordz EP

A. Silver Chordz
    B. Crystal
    C. Tone
    D. Triz

Release date: 21st of January (beatport excl. pre-release)
    Label: Groovecollection Originals 007

Release Info:

Hailing from Uruguay Federico Epis is one to watch out for. Being signed to prestigious labels like Global Underground and Audio Therapy Federico is also supported by Groovecollection Records. But not only labels support him, the big jocks around the world are hammering his tunes too. Last month he saw his remix for Derek Howell’s “Spare Time” being released on the Groovecollection Black imprint and now he gets the chance to fully showcase himself with four tracks on Groovecollection Originals. Be prepared!

First track on the Silver Chordz EP is the title track “Silver Chordz”. Federico sets a nice atmosphere right in the beginning of this track and gets us into the groove with a real catchy bassline. Trancy pads join the forces and the track slowly builds. The break sees different kind of instruments playing lushfully and melodically together and there it is: a great progressive track that’s designed to get the people going. Kind of a dark feel, but also with a subtle view on the brighter side of things.

“Crystal” sets the mood with a deeper synth in the background that’s warning us for more energetic things to happen. Just like “Silver Chordz” the build-up was carefully produced by Federico. As the bassy synth swells and steps into the spotlight you get taken away by it. An arpeggiated synth melody with the sound of an organ takes care of the more melodic side of things. Proper progressive house to please the ears!

Second to last track “Tone” begins with a more minimalistic feel (without being minimal) and concentrates on the percs while in the background a trancy-like synth keeps on playing till it comes to full effect. The break in the middle and the part after the break show that a trancy melodic synth doesn’t necessarily have to be cheesy and will remind us of the earlier good days of trance.

“Triz” starts with a somewhat different feel because of a more fierce kick. In style with the rest of the tracks mister Epis shows us once again how to make a proper dance record destined to get things going. Synths and pads are working their way through the back – and foreground and have this spooky feel. A nice build in the break and the kick coming in after do what’s supposed to happen and this gives “Triz” a great closing to a great EP.

DJ Support:

Steve Parry: Silver Chordz is awesome! i love it - definately in my sets on the radio and in clubs...10/10
    Steve Mill: silver chordz and tone for me...good package overall..thanks!!
    Hernan Cattaneo: I like them a lot, Tone is the best, also Silver & Crystal
    Kasey Taylor: Crystal is the one here...
    Shawn Mitiska: I'm definatly all over 'Crystal', cool production and groove
    Darin Epsilon: A massive EP! Federico is just getting better and better. Each track is meticulously crafted and well written. From the gorgeous Crystals to the heavenly title track Silver Chordz, the package just screams quality. Will definitely be supporting this and charting. Thanks for the share.
    Flash Brothers: Very good melodic progressive e.p here - we like mostly the emotional "Tone" which has big melody coming slowly out, and some tech house groove with it. Also 'Silver Chorz' is good fresh tune! Thanks!!
    Sasha Le Monnier: wicked glitchy workout !!!
    Kevin Shiu: Great package,I like all 4 cuts here.Thank you very much.
    John Mack: Really like TONE. all around great release though.
    Flash Brothers: We like & support the original mix, good uplifting tune!
    Villo: in the bag!!
    Tom Morgan: Silver Chordz is definitely the strongest here, can see why Sasha was on it!
    Micah Lukasewich: Tone is THE best thing I've heard from Fede!!
    Thee-o: Great progressive action on all the tracks.

click logo for samples

Groovecollection Music Management
    - Deep Records
    - Deep Focus
    - Mynt Music
    - Epsilon Trax
    - Red Light District
    - Outside The Box Music
    - Groovecollection Records
    www.groovecollectionrecords.com
    Dutch Progressive House Community, Podcast, Live-sets, Cd and vinyl reviews, Guestlists and more....

www.groovecollectionrecords.com (groovecollection,deep,focus,otb)
    Releases/remixes by: Kosmas Epsilon, Eelke Kleijn, Derek Howell, Medway, Nils Noa, Dousk, etc...
Working...