Jobs in the [ms] Universe

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

Jobs in the [ms] Universe

At the moment we are searching for additions to the Mercuryserver/MCast team for 2 particular sections in our little Universe:

1. MCast

To maintain our streaming/download/podcast platform MCast, two positions are available where the following things need to be taken care of with the help of Kamal and myself:

- General talk and information sharing about upcoming/actual issues with our artists on the MCast roster and potential new resident DJs.

- Helping artists with questions how to set the show up and everything that's involved on their side to have an MCast show up and running

- Daily scanning of MCast for spam and corrections of postings if needed

- Setting up the administrative part of MCast shows to provide our DJs with everything they need to start

- Help planning and executing everything else that's happening on MCast

Archives

This position is about the non public Archives and needs:

- Renaming mixes after they are taken down from the Downloads page and make them archive ready

- moving of mixes within different folders on our FTP(s)

- Posting the links and tracklists for Hernan Cattaneo Metrodance and John Digweed shows regularly

Both the open jobs on MCast and the Archives require people who have time to help on a regular base. Actually it is not that much work if split between a few people but there are deadlines and rhythms to follow to remain a reliable service for our members. Your English does not necessarily need to be perfect but it should not be an issue for you to understand or write longer texts in English if you are interested in helping with MCast.

What we offer is working with a team of experienced people from all over the world and an interesting playground for everybody who is interested in Internet Technologies and keeping websites like Mercuryserver and MCast alive. Also people who are interested in talking with DJs around the Globe about one of your most preferred hobbies and passion should be something of interest for you. Other benefits that come with these positions will be shown internally.

If you are interested to take a look behind the scenes and would like to help us on our road please either post in here or send me a PM or E-Mail. Thanks for your help in advance!
  • FM
    Wooooooo!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Jobs in the [ms] Universe

I could chip in on the MCast side of things...so if help is still needed, let me know.
    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
    Facebook!
    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• day_for_night
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Re: Jobs in the [ms] Universe

i could help with the archives...

Comment

Working...