X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2013

Re: Felix Da Housecat To Do The Next Global Underground

There are only 2 GU's I have never managed to finish listening to, because they were so bad, Layo & Bushwacka's and James Lavelle Bangkok. Adam Freeleand's was difficult.

Never heard the Carl Cox one so I can't comment.

Comment

• sbando
      Going back to Romford
      • Apr 2008

^Ditto. Never opened the L&B one.
      ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
      ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

The Carl Cox one is brutal. I didn't mind James Lavelle in Bangkok, seeing as he was trying something vastly different than the other mixes - and I generally like what he's done production wise. It's still not a mix that's as good as his Barcelona and Romania mixes (also two mixes that don't get a lot of love here).

I think I've listened to the L&B mix...twice?

The Adam Freeland mix was kind of disappointing as well, just like the Plump DJ's double cd - both are incredible breaks DJs and it feels like they couldn't let loose. Part of me wonders if that was a licensing issue, or if something else interfered with the development of the mixes.
        Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• yerg
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
          It's still not a mix that's as good as his Barcelona and Romania mixes (also two mixes that don't get a lot of love here).
          I am a big fan of Barcelona, both cds are exceptionally well put together, especially the breaks one, which I cannot praise enough

but I can't say the same about Romania, which was too self-centered dare I say, and it didn't do the talent of Lavelle justice, not as a dj and as a producer, maybe it was simply a bad idea to put out mixes like that specifically on a GU imprint IMO

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Nov 2013

Nothing wrong with Barcelona, it outlived much progg fodder.

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

I actually dug the Romania mix from Lavelle just for it's scattergun kind of approach, even more so when I listened to the 3 part live recording. It also helps that I'm a fan of Queens of the Stone Age because of his remixes.
              Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

Working...